• Subscribe
  • What do you need for creating a strong community?

Of course, besides having a platform where you are trying to reach out to the right target group, you need to have some "inner" traits that help you mould a good community. πŸ‘₯ πŸ‘‡ – Be protective (people in your community should feel safe) – Be engaging – Be helpful – Be kind What would you add? What should a good community builder be like?

Replies

Christine Green
    A good community builder needs to listen first. Understanding what people really want fosters trust and loyalty. Not every solution is a perfect answer right away!
    Morgane Perrier
    ReadPartner Portal + Extension
    ReadPartner Portal + Extension
    I love that you included being kind in the list, so underrated πŸ‘
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @morgane_prr Well, sometimes I am not kind – it is an exception when I set an "informal" tone of voice when bantering. πŸ˜€
    Dan O'Malley
    I would add be empathetic.
    Nathan Covey
    Be human. Nobody likes someone who just sounds like a robot all the time.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    I believe a common mission would also aid a lot in getting along with everyone.
    pushpendra pal
    - Make everyone feel like they belong. - Listen actively. Ensure users feel heard
    Valianto
    being proactive
    @valianto What would make you to be proactive? I am trying to engage more people and any help is good! :)
    Borja DR
    I would add AAV: Always Add Value. Provide your community with relevant content that genuinely benefits them.
    @ag94 how should fun look according to you? πŸ˜„ Inspire me!
    Alexander Galitsky
    @busmark_w_nika damn…that’s hard πŸ˜… i mean i know what it is for me, but can’t find the right words to express it
    @ag94 should we use any meme for expression of the fun? :D maybe this:
    Nupur Tevatiya
    1. A common belief, it can be related to the product or the cause or any other thing. 2. Good communication and transparency. 3. A comfortable environment where one can put his/her, opinion/ideas without any hesitation.
    @nupur_tevatiya Nupur, do you know such community? :)
    @nupur_tevatiya I didn't know about this one. Thank you, I already had a look and saw they do some events across countries. Definitely what I have been looking for because I have some plans for offline events. :)
    Konrad S.
    A clear purpose for the community.
    @konrad_sx Do you mean nichΓ©?
    Konrad S.
    @busmark_w_nika Yes. More generally I just mean I need a clear reason to join a community and stay there (instead of a similar community or none at all).
    Viktor Surkov
    I love the emphasis on kindness and empathy in building a strong community. It's truly the foundation of meaningful connections. Being proactive and providing value are key too! Great insights here! πŸ™Œ
    Angela Ni
    I think many products/ businesses are built on top of the success of a community. So I'll say run the community with passion and effort. And definitely less AI in this case :D
    Stephanie Cameron
    A platform! Does anyone have any suggestions for platforms? I am thinking Discord but I can't decide on it
    @stephanie_cameron Hey Stephanie! :) I would opt for Slack or Discord. Slack seems to be more "professional" – work-related while Discord is more fun-related. This is how I perceive them (Discord – crypto, gaming, communities around fun, YouTube) – (Slack – more networking, profession related). Just my prisma of how I see them :)
    Savian Boroanca
    I think success Is a consequence of people. Also, the company that would benefit from having a community and hasn’t started it yet, is already paying for it. I wrote an essay on this, you can check it here: πŸ‘‰ https://savianboroanca.com/essay... Please let me know what you think πŸ™
    @savian_boroanca you did a complex article. Did you use also some resources e.g. books for that?
    Savian Boroanca
    @busmark_w_nika, a lot of influences and my experience as a community builder. Did you enjoy reading?
    @savian_boroanca I did get through it and liked it. One thing: at what number of members of the community does it make sense to do 1:1 calls and when it is time to shift them to group calls? Because when your base is growing it is more difficult to cover everyone.
    Jai Singhal
    In the world of GPT; be human, kind, real and engaging to audience.
    Piotr Bartoszek
    Communities thrive on interaction so you’ve got to encourage relationships.
    Nancy Wright
    100% agreed on kindness being key! πŸ™Œ A few other essentials IMO: 1) Shared purpose that resonates with members 2) Easy ways for folks to contribute & feel ownership 3) Proactive community managers who lead by example. And ofc you need the right platform to enable engagement & connection!
    @nancywright I do not have the community managers RN but hope that one time the community will grow to this extent :)
    Suprabhat Biyani
    To build a strong community, focus on creating a shared sense of purpose and fostering genuine connections. Keep people engaged through regular, meaningful interactions and always show appreciation for contributions.