• Subscribe
  • What do you think about the future of no-code?

Hilal Aydın
    21 replies
    I am developing a SaaS application on Bubble.io which is a no-code platform. I believe that no code platforms can easily substitute native applications if there is a chance to embed a little bit of code when it is necessary. Besides, I am familiar with no-code algorithms and tools for more than a year, and I see a new no-code solution every day. The growth of no-code excites me and I believe that it will be great in the future. What do you think about the future of no-code platforms? Do you think no-code will be powerful enough to replace native development? Let's meet in the comments! šŸš€

Replies

Elena Albright
    Interesting question. It will certainly still be a thing within 5-10 years. Every concept, product or service that improves and simplifies our lives and work tends to stay. However it's difficult to say if it's gonna replace real coders, especially considering AI is developing rapidly. Just look at this news from Google: https://www.businessinsider.com/.... Though it still seems like no-code or low-code platforms will take over the niche of building simple products, not too complicated in terms of architecture and business logic, while native development will be required for sophisticated concepts.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hello @elena_alehno I will definitely check the news you shared out. I agree on that no-code can be used to develop simple products or MVPs, however for developing complex products code is required. I'm excited to see the developments in no-code!
    I think itā€™s pretty exciting šŸ˜
    phprunner
    No-code will not replace code but it will play a big part in building all kind of applications. Just another tool in your toolbox.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi @sergey_kornilov1 I believe that no-code will continue to grow and expand its capabilities in the future. However, I agree that this is not a replacement for coding yet, and I don't know if it can be a real alternative.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi @raju_sivarama_gadiraju I'm really excited to see how no-code will expand its capabilities in the future!
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi @jason_andries1 I totally agree with you. No-code development is great if you don't have a complex product.
    Olivia Swallows
    A no-code project will typically require much less legacy maintenance than a traditional code-based project.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi @olivia_swallows4 I agree with you on that no-code projects require less effort if the project is not complex. However, no-code has some limitations when it is compared to code.
    Richard Gao
    It'll become more mainstream much like AI art is. But I don't see it replacing code overall. It'll make things that previously required code more accessible, so it's very exciting.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi @richard_gao2 I totally agree with you. Replacing code is not an option, but no-code is a great solution.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi @sewell_stephens I don't think that no-code will ever replace code. However, I think that it has an amazing potential! I believe that it will be possible to build apps with no-code as good as native development in several years.
    Toh Xue Zun
    Without a doubt, no-code platforms is the future. Over the past 10 years, the development of no-code platforms is oustanding. Also, many professionals would rather focus on developing skillset related to their profession than learning how to code in order to execute their idea. The demand for such platforms will definitely drive the development of no-code platforms.
    Hilal Aydın
    Hi, @tohxuezun I agree with you on the development of no-code within the past few years. Demand is indeed growing at an unpredictable pace since no-code platforms provide fast results with minimum effort.
    Arpan
    I think it definitely has a great future!
    Andrew Dodds
    Its very exciting, but will never replace native development. They both have their roles to play. What nocode does best is allow you to prototype and iterate quickly with little team and little cost. As a company finds product market fit, more and more native development will be more attractive