• Subscribe
  • What do you think is the right age to become a founder?

Jerryton
    41 replies
    I'm curious because I became a tech startup founder at 24. In my environment, I haven't seen anyone my age who is a founder.

Replies

Alex Kayahan
    I started my first company when I was 20 and had to learn lots of things in the hard way. If I were to tell something to my 20 year old self, I would definitely say go and work for a Fortune 500 company, better understand their problem space and only then try to create a solution. With my current mindset, I would follow the path below: Understand multiple domains, gain skills and build network till 32, try your chance as a founder till 38, do not risk your retirement after that.
    Jerryton
    @alex_kayahan I feel the same. I have gained skills in various domains such as UI/UX, development, and marketing, which have been very helpful. However, I am still learning financial management, negotiation, and sales the hard way.
    CY Zhou
    There's no perfect age to become a founder; it's more about having the right mindset and determination. Whether you're 20 or 50, if you have a vision and the drive to see it through, you're ready.
    Jerryton
    @lightfield I have a vision that drives me to work more than 16 hours a day without feeling exhausted.
    Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    There is no right age!
    NJ Robb
    Launching soon!
    when you are ready. there was a founder who is/was 16 on recently. He has been through/or is in Antler. Its like lamine yamal Hes 17 today, starting for spain and barcelona, if you are good enough you are in.
    Kartar Gurjar
    I think at the young age. it is best because younger individuals often have more energy and fewer time constraints, allowing them to dedicate more hours to their startup.
    Brady Wilfahrt
    There's no exact right age
    Gianuario Lupia
    Starting young has its perks, like high energy and fewer responsibilities, but it can also mean less experience.
    Prudens Moulton
    It's all about finding the right balance for your situation.Starting a business in your middle age might mean juggling family responsibilities.
    James Chappel
    As someone who became a founder at 28, I believe there is no specific age that’s perfect for everyone. It's more about your readiness and life circumstances. Starting young, like in your early 20s, means you have fewer responsibilities and can take bigger risks. However, starting later, perhaps in your 30s or 40s, means you bring more experience, a broader network, and often more financial stability.
    Jerryton
    @james_chappel Thanks, it seems like each has its own advantages and disadvantages. It's all about how we play with it.
    Ashir Murtala
    I think there really isn’t a “right” age to become a founder. It often depends on anyone experiences, mindset, and what someone's passionate about.
    Fady Bark
    There is none, but keep in mind, innovation can only come from understanding, without a proper knowledge of the industry or field of study you wish to innovate in you'll end up creating a lot of "solutions in search of a problem", how and at what age people gain this knowledge is hard to tell, some people, like Steve Jobs for example, had an intuitive understanding of what we might refer to today as User Experience, he used this knowledge to redefine the image of what a computer even is, all whilst being very young. Others spend a whole lifetime before reaching that point, like the case of KFC's founder.
    Jerryton
    @fady_bark Absolutely, we need to gain solid experience in the industry before attempting to innovate. The examples you shared were fantastic—thank you!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    No right age. Colonel Sanders founded KFC at the age of 62. You can do anything anytime.
    Robert White
    In my opinion, the right age is when you feel ready.
    Jason Lee
    As far as you have enough money. 😊
    Alex Suscha
    As a young founder myself, I have to say that age really does not matter. If you have an idea that you're passionate about, pursue it with every ounce of dedication and drive that you have!
    Shihaab A
    I am 16 and I recently got a 2 month holiday and what do I do? Of course build software 😁! I just launched a product today. I believe the right age to become a founder is when you become a founder i.e NOW! BTW you can support the product here:https://www.producthunt.com/post... I would highly appreciate that.
    CY Zhou
    There's no perfect age to become a founder; it's more about having the right mindset and passion. Whether you're 20 or 50, if you have a vision and the drive to see it through, you're ready.
    Courtne Marland
    When you say you haven't seen anyone your age, are you saying that they mostly a lot older?
    Gurkaran Singh
    Age is just a number when it comes to founding a startup! Whether you're fresh out of college or seasoned like a vintage code, passion and drive know no age limits in the tech world.
    Mileva
    I believe there's no age limit to becoming a founder; it all depends on your dedication and knowledge.