• Subscribe
  • What do you usually do when you buy a product that turns out to be of mediocre quality?

AmazingSylvia
    14 replies
    -Return? -Vent or rant about it online? Any other method?

Replies

Jawad Tijani
    Alta
    Alta
    Launching soon!
    I’d stop my subscription and reach out to their support to share my feedback. Sometimes, a mediocre product doesn’t mean the company itself is bad, it might just need improvements. If they’re open to listening and actually willing to make changes, that shows they care and are heading in the right direction.
    Prince Virani
    When I acquire a product that turns out to be unacceptable, I usually give it a fair shot to see if there is a way to recover it. If it's still disappointing, I either return it or write a lengthy review online to assist others. Sometimes I also contact the company to express constructive input and see if they can offer a solution or change.
    YanXu
    Reflecting on why you didn't look for more comparisons before buying
    James Yang
    If it's not too expensive, then I'd live with the purchase/unsubscribe and know not to buy/subscribe again. If it's really expensive then a return/refund. Unless it's a scam, misleading marketing where product/service is completely not as described, I likely wouldn't go out of my way to leave a negative review
    Beck Silver
    If it's returnable I'll usually do that, unfortunately if not it ends up just sitting on my desk not being used.
    AmazingSylvia
    @beck_silver Hahahahaha but when someone complain about it. Does that resonate with you?
    Felix Sattler
    I usually first start by reaching out to the support of the company that made the product. As I know that often the human factor is the problem, I first try to figure out if I'm even using the product the right way. If that is the case and I still do see the quality of product as mediocre, it will depend on how much I paid for the product. Usually goods that cost me more than 20€ will be returned. If I'm super unhappy I most likely will also drop a rating on the website that I purchased the product from, to make sure others don't fall for the same thing.
    AmazingSylvia
    @felix_sattler Fair enough. I was wondering why didn't you choose to do some research before you bought it?
    Felix Sattler
    @sylvia_sheng If I understood your question correct, it wasn't about what I do to make sure I don't end up with a mediocre quality product, but what I do WHEN I end up with a mediocre product. So the research before the buying process would be another topic.
    Conversion Optimization with Moche
    It depends. If it's from Amazon, I’ll just return it. If it’s from an online shop where I have to pay the return fees, I’ll try to negotiate a solution—either a partial refund or a discount on my next purchase. But if the product costs $5 and the return fees are also $5, and the seller doesn’t offer any reasonable solution, I might just give them a hard time for the fun of it
    AmazingSylvia
    @ecomforger Do you complain about it to your friends?Like this thing does have its own problems but you really quite like it. Like the airpods, it works, but it's too easy to lose.