• Subscribe
  • What is the good side of working remotely?

Vio Vanica
    217 replies
    For me, it's the time I save when I don't commute for 2 hours every day. What about you?

Replies

Guillermo Gette
    I get to be at home and work from home with my wife. :)
    Evan Stewart
    Notion Training Center
    Notion Training Center
    I believe the extra family time is huge, but also the ability to be present during important moments. My previous company kept me away for years; holidays, birthdays, you name it, I was on the phone or working—physically present, but mentally checked out. This time is when professionals can stop sacrificing the things they KNOW are important for the things they SAY are important.
    Vio Vanica
    @evst this is very deep if you stop to think about, thank you!
    Evan Stewart
    Notion Training Center
    Notion Training Center
    @viorica_vanica you're very welcome! Let's normalize the "do not disturb" button 😅
    Vincenthaywood
    Freedom. defining your own working conditions. I'm able to zone my calendar for client work, side gigs and time with my son. There is no point in being in an office. If you want some stats and reasons, checkout out https://twitter.com/chris_herd - amazing learnings.
    Vio Vanica
    @vincenthaywood thank you for the recommendation. I checked him out, love his authenticity I would say.
    Vio Vanica
    @vincenthaywood if you have more recommendations, please feel free to add them, I would very grateful!
    huntFilter
    huntFilter
    Here a couple of pros for me - No commute = no need for car, travel time, less stress from driving - Can spend more time with my family - Am more available for baby emergencies - Daily tasks like cleaning & laundry become my break time (more efficient) - One coffee shops open up, that.
    Vio Vanica
    @gabe__perez this sounds like a lot of time gained back :)
    Alok Gangrade
    I am seeing my 11 months baby to growing in front of me from her birth. I am spending lots of time with her because of WFH.
    Marcos Ortiz
    For myself, it's the time I spend with my family. This is a big deal for myself, especially now that I'm a new dad.
    Vio Vanica
    @marcosluis2186 congratulations - kids are awesome!
    Alex Griffin
    This is why we invented SunShader so you can Work From Anywhere :) https://www.producthunt.com/post...
    Vio Vanica
    @griffmix tell us more about your story.
    Jyo Boral
    Getting to destress easily.
    Vio Vanica
    @jyo_boral how do you do it?
    Jyo Boral
    @viorica_vanica oh, by simply switching off my wifi and sleeping.
    Nick Naumov
    For me it's about async communications - I really need it to feel less stressed and be more productive
    Vio Vanica
    @nikita_naumov is it with everybody or only with your team?
    Stas Voronov
    2 hours that I spent on the road, I can invest in preparing a delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner 😌
    Vio Vanica
    @stas_voronov Stas, this sounds like a healthier life-style :)
    Harshil Sharma
    I've been absolutely loving working remotely. 1. It saves a whole lot of time and money. 2. I can work from anywhere in the world. No need to take a leave for travelling as long as you have an internet connection. 3. I'm not restricted to live in the expensive and highly polluted city I'm currently in. I can move to the mountains 🗻 4. I'm open to so many more job opportunities not being restricted by my physical location.
    Alex Griffin
    @harshilsharma63 Perhaps now is the time to grab a SunShader? https://igg.me/at/sunshader
    Vio Vanica
    @harshilsharma63 this sounds like a new life begins :D
    Dal Nijjar
    The good: - Less time travelling, more time for leisure - No working in an office - a relic of the industrial age - as the pandemic has shown - Sense of autonomy over my day The bad - Motivation dips working alone - so I've been working in a co working space the past week - keeping a diary to measure impact - so far massive uplift in productivity - Home and work fuse into each other all taking place where one lives, sleeps - Social contact in person is precious, how might we maintain this in a remote world?
    Vio Vanica
    @dalnijjar have you tried a virtual coworking or physical coworking? how does the productivity diary look like?
    Richard Fang
    I commute 45 minutes one way so it saves me a lot of time. I also get really sleepy on the bus 😆
    Vio Vanica
    @richardfliu holly **** I totally feel it
    Anjanaa
    1. Your pets not feeling lonely! Of course some of your pets might feel otherwise too :D 2. 27x7 access to clean restrooms with 0 fear of transmission of any kinda germs, etc 3. Being bare foot the whole day - It's actually healthier for the feet too! 4. Not having to constantly worry if you turned off the stove, if you left the dryer on, if you closed the balcony door, etc 5. Wearing shorts every single day all day!
    Vio Vanica
    @anjanaa89 this sounds like you feel safe and comfortable, I like the part with barefoot, where are you based?
    Fabian Maume
    I can drink yerba maté. Also my desktop computer is far more powerful than my laptop.
    Ankita Arora
    Can work from anywhere, no constraints on the location. Plus, No need to pretend to be working when you don't have any :P
    Vio Vanica
    @ankitaarora you hit it with the second part for sure, I think a lot of people will find themselves into this situation.
    Muhammath Maushook
    Working on Own time and Time Saved by Reducing commute
    Muhammath Maushook
    @viorica_vanica Go for Long Cycle Ride, Study for Entrance and Work on Side Hustle
    Vio Vanica
    @maushook how do you use the time you saved?
    Good parts: - ​Flexibility - No time waste to commute to the office and back home - Easier to lay down when you feel your back pain - Spend more time with family (for some people this can be a negative point!) - You can travel and work - You can sleep more in the mornings (because you can start your work right after yoiu wait up), no need to shower, dress up, and taking some time to go to office (means saving at least one hour) Bad parts: - You get less chance to meet your colleagues in person, and that might lead to social anxiety - You spend less time talking/having fun, and probably more time working which might effect the mental health in long run (you need to be careful, specially if you're alone in home) - It decrease physical activities - Sometimes it leads to not have the same and correct understanding from an issue, product, idea, or etc (misunderstanding because of short video calls)
    Mateusz Zaród
    @mohammad_kermani working remotely increased my physical activities, you can workout everytime you want :)
    Vio Vanica
    @mohammad_kermani what solutions did you try so far for the bad parts?
    Vio Vanica
    @mohammad_kermani @mateusz_zarod1 This ones: Bad parts: - You get less chance to meet your colleagues in person, and that might lead to social anxiety - You spend less time talking/having fun, and probably more time working which might effect the mental health in long run (you need to be careful, specially if you're alone in home) - It decrease physical activities - Sometimes it leads to not have the same and correct understanding from an issue, product, idea, or etc (misunderstanding because of short video calls)
    Paula Petcu
    @mohammad_kermani @mateusz_zarod1 @viorica_vanica I agree with the bad parts that mohammad mentions. I've had similar challenges and I found that it's still possible to connect with colleagues virtually. One thing is virtual coffee breaks, but we found that playing online games, guessing games, and creating challenges for ourselves was quite effective to stay connected as a team. This is exactly what inspired a project that I contributed to recently: Funin (https://healthymindtech.com/funin).
    Junior Owolabi
    More time to sleep
    Vio Vanica
    @rilwan_owolabi1 yesss, do you keep the same sleeping hours?
    Miriam Dorsett
    How much time do you have? 😈..........
    Vio Vanica
    @mdorsett right now, that I am working on building myfocusspace.com I don't have that much free time, what about you?