• Subscribe
  • What is the most important thing to show in a pitch deck for VCs?

Julie Decoucut
    1 reply
    I have a lot of information to include, and I never know how to prioritize it. I'm always afraid of forgetting something really important. Am I the only one? 😱

Replies

Felix Wong
    Investors and VCs typically assess your team first. Ensure you communicate what sets your team apart, how you plan to drive the company's growth, and why your experience positions you to succeed in the startup realm. Additionally, actual data is more valuable than projections. Present evidence of your progress, such as revenue, growth, and market statistics. Avoid fabricating numbers. People are discerning and can verify the information. Revisit your pitch deck; ensure that your content, design, and storytelling are aligned. Create a presentation deck that you're proud to share with everyone. There's no definitive formula for pitch deck design. That said, here are elements I commonly observe: Problem, Solution, Product/Demo, Market Size, Team, Competition, Uniqueness, and Ask. Think creatively and avoid putting people to sleep. Lastly, refrain from sending a cold email with a pitch deck attached. Invest your time in building relationships and identifying the right investors. The funding will follow. I'm currently working on a free-pitch deck course (www.zlides.co), would love to understand what would you like to learn too :) Best of luck!