• Subscribe
  • What is the purpose of launching on Producthunt?

Abdul Haseeb
    6 replies
    I mean most of the people here aren't actually the potential customers for most products.

Replies

SophiaRoseCarter
    It's about getting exposure to a tech-savvy audience of early adopters, influencers, and potential users or customers. Even if most don't actively engage, they scope out what's new. Lots of devs and startup people lurking. A good PH launch can drive initial traction and buzz.
    Abdul Haseeb
    @sophiarosecarter Thanks Sophia now i get it btw it would be nice if you can notify for boilerplatehub we are launching today :D
    Janu Lingeswaran
    They are. You just don't see them. Most people here are lurker. They don't post, they don't engage. They just check the products. A lot of eary adopters and very techy people. I studied Computer Science and a lot of my friends from my University are lurkers on Product Hunt. Same goes with X.
    Udaya Sri
    Answer is Simple, it's visibility. Even if everyone on Product Hunt is not your target customer, it’s a good way to get noticed by early adopters, influencers, and the media. This can help build your credibility and generate interest. Additionally, the feedback you receive can be valuable for refining your product before reaching a larger audience.
    Jessica Young
    It's all about exposure and getting early adopters/users for your product. Even if people don't engage, they see what you're building. Lots of techies and potential customers lurking. Launch, get feedback, iterate, grow! πŸš€
    Richard Walker
    PH is great for getting valuable early feedback on your product. Launching here gets you exposure to early adopters, tech enthusiasts, and potential beta testers. Many aren't super active in the comments but they'll check out promising products. The key is having a compelling product, telling a good story in your listing, and engaging with any commenters to build momentum and learn how to improve. Happy launching!