• Subscribe
  • What is your leadership style?

Perry Zheng
    36 replies
    I have a more hands-off approach, but curious to hear other folks' styles when managing a team and/or company!

Replies

Lois Roberson
    Adopt a hands-off approach. Letting the team take charge of their projects while providing support only when needed helps in building trust and autonomy.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    I show my employees that i trust them, this empowers them and they feel a more sense of responsibility. sometimes it has fired back but most of the time it has worked for me, When some one is lagging I do let them know about it give them a couple of chances if not, we part gracefully. Always part ways gracefully that is something i try to make sure
    Dr  Rajabali
    As a seasoned digital veteran who has managed small teams (in Shanghai too), I don't possess a traditional leadership style. I don’t think good leaders have one MAIN type of style. IMO, a good leader is a fuzzy combo of the principles and qualities that contribute to effective leadership: 1. Communication: Clear, concise, and active listening skills are essential for understanding team members' needs, ideas, and concerns. 2. Adaptability: Being open to change and adapting to new situations is crucial in today's rapidly evolving world. 3. Empathy: Showing empathy towards team members helps in building strong relationships and fostering a supportive work environment. 4. Integrity: Demonstrating honesty, transparency, and consistency builds trust among team members and stakeholders. 5. Vision: Having a clear vision for the organization's future helps align teams and motivates them to work towards common goals. 6. Decision-making: Making informed decisions in a timely manner is essential for driving progress and maintaining momentum. 7. Delegation: Effectively delegating tasks allows leaders to focus on strategic priorities while empowering team members to develop their skills. 8. Problem-solving: Strong problem-solving abilities help leaders find creative solutions and guide teams through challenges. 9. Emotional intelligence: Understanding and managing emotions, both in oneself and others, is vital for building positive relationships and fostering collaboration. 10. Continuous learning: Staying open to new ideas, experiences, and feedback allows leaders to grow and adapt their leadership style to meet the needs of their teams and organization. Remember that everyone's leadership effectiveness is unique, and these qualities can manifest differently depending on individual personality traits, experiences, and preferences. Whenever I feel out of balance, or receive feedback that I am not being productive, I re-look at the list above, and re-calibrate accordingly. Gradually, like machine learning, I get where I need to be. Hope that helps!
    Perry Zheng
    @dr_rajabali Thank you for your input! I agree everyone's style is unique and you have to adjust as you go!
    Gleen Parker
    I tend to let my team take the lead on projects while I provide guidance and support when needed
    Joséphine Roux
    I lean towards a more directive approach, where I set clear goals and expectations but also make sure to listen and adjust as needed based on feedback.
    Bailey Dotson
    I’m more of a hands-off leader who sets the vision and lets the team figure out the details. I believe in giving them space to make decisions and grow.
    Peter Victor
    Utilize a coaching style. Guiding team members through challenges and providing constructive feedback helps in their personal and professional growth.
    Perry Zheng
    @peter_victor Its great to both take and give constructive feedback! Allows for everyone to become better!
    Oscar
    I am a collaborative leader. I believe in working closely with my team and valuing everyone’s input to achieve the best results.
    Karishma Yadav
    I focus on being a supportive leader. I’m always there is listen and help my team grow, both professionally and personally.
    Ethan Young
    My style is lead by example. I try to show through my actions what I expect from my team, whether it’s work ethic or attitude.
    Addau Rabiu
    Apply a democratic leadership style. Involving the team in decision making processes helps in ensuring that diverse perspectives are considered and promotes a sense of ownership.
    Perry Zheng
    @addau_rabiu1 It's important to know that everyone has a part in the decision-making, especially in startups!
    William Seikh
    I would describe my leadership style as supportive and approachable. I focus on helping my team members grow while staying involved in the day to day.
    Perry Zheng
    @william_seikh Love it when employees feel comfortable talking to their leaders about concerns and ideas!
    David Walker
    My leadership style is very collaborative. I like to be involved but also give my team the autonomy to make decisions and take ownership of their work.
    Kan Singh
    I am a coach-style leader. I focus on mentoring my team, helping them develop their skills, and guiding them towards their goals.
    Quico Benford
    I focus on being a mentor, guiding my team while giving them the freedom to innovate
    Tina Kim
    My leaderships is Emphasize open communication. Keeping lines of communication open and encouraging team members to share ideas and concerns helps in maintaining transparency and collaboration.
    Perry Zheng
    @tina__kim That really resonates with me. I try to ensure employees have access to all the same ideas and information.
    Susan R. Pruitt
    I prefer a collaborative style where I work closely with my team and make decisions together
    Tumblar Kevin
    My focus on leading by example. Demonstrating the work ethic and values expected from the team sets a positive standard and fosters a strong team culture.
    Vhim Jana
    My leadership style is quite adaptable. I like to switch between being hands-on and giving my team the freedom to lead on their own.
    Zachary
    I lead by fostering a collaborative environment. I believe in creating a space where everyone’s ideas are heard and valued.