• Subscribe
  • What marketing strategy do you recommend to gain followers to a newsletter without a large following

Justus F
    4 replies
    Hey, I'm working on a well-researched and fact-loaded travel/bucket list newsletter where you get an article about a special place or activity every second day. The articles are structured to give you the most important information in about 2 minutes. The newsletter is clearly aimed at travel enthusiasts, but I'm struggling to gain followers. Like I said, I don't have a large following (e.g. Youtube, Insta....) and I tried to start an Instagram and TikTok page with content, but it didn't really help. The newsletter has a free and paid section. Any advice? Thanks a lot :) (If anyone wants to see the website: https://twominutebucketlist.substack.com/ )

Replies

One of the strategies I have had the best success with is looking for others that already have a decent following with a mutually complimentary service and reaching out to them to see if they would be willing to send an email to their newsletter. Offer them something of value ie, money, a free lifetime subscription to your newsletter, a feature post to your members, or something else that will incentivize them to send an email to their subscribers to tell them about your newsletter.
    João Nina Matos
    Honestly, I think it comes down to online communities & making content. I don't have a large following, and am figuring it out myself. I've observed other success stories, and it comes from 2 things: 1: having a really, really good product people want to share for you (word of mouth = exponential) and 2: Being relentless in posting & creating content. Look at the biggest creators. They've just posted way more than the rest of us. Violence is the answer sometimes. Just post more times, in more communities. Make more friends!
    Bala Balasubramaniam
    Providing valuable content to your audience, offering incentives like freebies, and utilizing social media are all ways to engage your audience. Consistency is key!
    Justus F
    Thanks a lot for the answers :)