• Subscribe
  • What other people's words have affected you and what did they lead to?

Lin Romashkova
    4 replies
    Hello 😊 Sometimes words, no matter what, bad or good, can change us beyond recognition. So I'm wondering what your response is to that.

Replies

Satish Kumar Veluri
    There are more words that were bad than good in one's life. The most important one for me - "Difficulty/problem is like a stone. The closer it is to your eye, you see nothing but it. The farther it is, there are other things apart from it." This is what my father helped me understand and it has enhanced my ability to handle my thought process.
    Lin Romashkova
    @satish_kumar_veluri Unfortunately, it is true that there are more bad words than good ones. Your father said some very wise words to you. It's very similar to saying that if you have a problem, don't run away from it, but overcome it. Most people spend more time and energy walking away and not solving the problem than they do trying to solve it. So if there's a problem, don't shut yourself off. Problems will always come your way, that's normal. When you overcome them, you get better and better.
    Max Prilutskiy
    I remember the day my eighth-grade science teacher said, "Don't be afraid to ask questions." It was his thing: he wanted us to explore, think outside the box and be curious. From then on, I started asking, trying to get better answers and understand different points of view. It opened my mind to new ideas and opportunities, helping me become a better learner. I was always a curious person, but his words encouraged me to ask even more questions and push myself to learn more. His words changed my life for the best and led me down a path of curiosity and exploration. I was no longer satisfied with just the basic information, I wanted to know everything I could about a topic. This led me to pursue a master's degree in science and eventually a career in tech and startups. His words changed my life for the better and allowed me to explore my curiosity and passion for learning. I wish more people could have a chance to be positively impacted by other's words as I was. Words can be powerful, and it's important that we use them to make the world a better place.
    Lin Romashkova
    @maxprilutskiy Your science teacher said some very necessary and important words. I wish more people would follow it. I had the same ones, but the phrase was a little different: "You won't get beaten up for asking questions, so ask questions when you feel like it. And if you get beaten, run" 😁