• Subscribe
  • What Podcasts Are Great for Keeping Up with Tech News vs. Exploring Deep Topics?

Ryan Chen
    6 replies
    I’m always on the hunt for great tech podcasts—whether it’s to catch up on the latest trends or dive deep into a specific topic. Personally, I’m a big fan of Hard Fork for its smart takes on tech culture and how it blends news with deep discussions. How about you? What are your go-to podcasts for staying informed or exploring in-depth tech topics?

Replies

Joshua Daniel Scott
    For keeping up with tech news, I enjoy Techmeme Ride Home - it's a short daily podcast that summarizes the day's top tech stories. For deeper dives, a16z Podcast and Exponent are fantastic. They feature VCs, entrepreneurs and other tech experts doing long-form discussions on trends and ideas shaping the industry. Acquired is another great one for company deep dives if you want the inside story on major tech acquisitions and IPOs. Let me know if you check any of those out!
    Eloise Xu
    Here are some great podcasts for both keeping up with tech news and exploring deep topics: Keeping Up with Tech News TechCrunch Daily: Quick updates on the latest in tech and startups. The Daily: While not exclusively tech-focused, it often covers significant tech stories. Reply All: A mix of tech stories and internet culture. Waveform: Focuses on consumer tech and reviews, alongside news. Exploring Deep Topics Radiolab: Deep dives into scientific and philosophical topics with a storytelling approach. TED Radio Hour: Explores ideas and innovations through TED talks. Freakonomics Radio: Examines the hidden side of everything, including tech's impact on society. The Long Now: Discusses long-term thinking and the implications of technology on the future. These podcasts cater to both quick updates and in-depth explorations, making them valuable resources in the tech landscape.
    Dedew
    For tech news, I recommend hard Fork as it blends news with deeper discussions. For deep dives into specific topics, Software Engineering Daily offers great insights