• Subscribe
  • šŸ‘©ā€šŸ’»What resources do you recommend for someone new to tech?

Udaya Sri
    24 replies
    Hereā€™s a list of resources I gathered after doing some researchšŸ‘‡ 1. Coursera - Offers beginner courses on coding, data science, and more. 2. Udemy - Provides a wide range of affordable tech courses. 3. Khan Academy - Great for learning the basics of computer science and programming. 4. Codecademy - Interactive platform for learning coding skills. 5. freeCodeCamp - Free coding lessons and projects to build real-world skills. 6. TechCrunch- Stay updated on tech news and trends. 7. YouTube Channels - Such as Traversy Media or The Net Ninja for practical tutorials. 8. LinkedIn Learning - Professional courses on various tech topics. 9. Reddit - Subreddits like r/learnprogramming and r/technology for community support and advice. 10. edX - Offers a variety of free and paid courses on tech topics from top universities and institutions. Are there any additional tips or resources that are important? For those in non-tech roles, how do you stay updated on tech knowledge, and how helpful has it been for your job?

Replies

Sophia Brosius
    Donā€™t forget about podcasts like Syntax and Software Engineering Daily perfect for learning on the go and staying updated with the latest trends.
    Ezekiel Adewumi
    YouTube Channels and Twitter
    Udaya Sri
    @aaezekiel_co Do you have any favorite channel to get started with?
    YanXu
    Thank you for your sharing, I have benefited a lot.
    Shinchan
    Hussshh!!!!! Too much knowledge for the Day, Thanks @udaya_sri šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜
    Derek Liu
    Thanks for sharing, Udaya. Iā€™m a programmer myself, so the list looks familiar to me. I definitely recommend Andrew Ngā€™s AI or Deep Learning courses on Coursera.
    murph
    DataCamp needs to be on that list!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    This is a comprehensive and a good enough list already, Udaya.
    Udaya Sri
    @vaibhavdwivedi Is it? Looks like itā€™s time for me to start learning. Thanks!
    Caoimhe Murphy
    "tech" is really broad to give any real depth. It would really differ depending on the role you want to enter - are you a product marketer, growth marketer, sales rep or product manager ?
    Udaya Sri
    @caoimhe_murphy What if I just want to learn for fun and to get all the tech jokes?
    Caoimhe Murphy
    @udaya_sri I've worked in tech for more than 8 years and I still don't get the tech jokes. It's a constant state of this: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C...
    Yiraika Bacchi
    Great list! I'd also recommend checking out HackerRank for coding challenges.it's a fun way to practice and improve problem-solving skills
    Lakeesha Weatherwax
    Hi there, I agree with your list. For hands-on practice, Leet Code and HackerRank are excellent for coding challenges and improving problem-solving skills. Itā€™s a great way to apply what youā€™ve learned
    Rocco Valentino
    For more in- depth knowledge, consider reading books like 'Clean Code' by Robert C. Martin or following blogs like Mediumā€™s tech section. They provide valuable insights and best practices. šŸ“š
    Steven Clark
    Iā€™d suggest listening to tech podcasts like Techmeme Ride Home and The Changelog. Theyā€™re perfect for keeping up with industry news and learning about emerging technologies while on the go.