• Subscribe
  • What’s the Best Platform for Building a Thriving Community?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    24 replies
    For product creators building a thriving community is key to long-term success. Whether on Slack, Discord, or any other platform, creating a space that fosters engagement and support can make all the difference. What platform has worked best for you? Let’s share and learn from each other! 👇

Replies

Felix Sattler
    It also depends on the Product I would say. We first started with a Discord Server, but later on understood, that as our Product can be integrated in Telegram, this is the platform to go for us, as it makes it super convenient for the group members to try our Product.
    Simonas Kauzonas
    Discord or Slack, depending on your audience. Easy to set up, lots of features, and great for community engagement.
    Echo
    Discord,Slack,Facebook Group,Mighty Networks,Circle,Telegram,Reddit,I am just exploring in these platform,have no conclusions yet!
    Salar Davari
    Depends on your product, but I personally find Linked In and Reddit more engaging.
    Grayson Thornton
    For me using Circle is loving. It’s designed for creators and has a clean interface that encourages interaction.
    Sergey Pavlovich 🦄
    Mash
    Zoya Francis
    I find Mighty Networks fantastic for building communities around specific topics. It’s very friendly!
    Raul Richardson
    I think Discord is the best option but I have seen people are suggested to use X as well.
    Tumblar Kevin
    @raul_richardson How does the X can be used for community creation?
    Lora Jones
    I'm part of member for multiple communities but I think slack will be the best.
    Konrad S.
    Reddit seems to work well for my B2C.
    Thomas Yanik
    I got good results with Reddit for building a community.
    Mae Twyman
    Discord: great for gaming communities but also works well for niche interests.
    Martin Gulp
    Facebook Groups are easy to set up and integrate with existing social networks but can be noisy.
    Safaa Bird
    Slack is my favorite for professional communities. Its integration capabilities make collaboration super easy.
    Emily Willis
    It depends what type of people you want to engage with, B2C, B2B, gamers, tweens, teens, or some other niche group. I'd start by mapping out who you're targeting, what you're trying to achieve, what success means to you (ie do you want deep engagement on a niche subject, or do you want to support customers around your product features etc etc) Once you have a strategy mapped out, then you can look into platforms to see which aligns best I've worked on community programs using Discord, Slack, Facebook, Youtube, (+ all the social platforms) & also Circle - they all have pros & cons
    Riley Brooke
    Honestly, circle has been awesome . It’s built specifically for the community and gives a really clean, focused space for members to engage.
    Paige Marie
    I like Reddit. It’s one of those places where if you post something good, it can really take off, but if it misses the mark, the feedback can be... let’s just say direct. That said, it’s also a great way to get honest opinions and find out what resonates with people. Thick skin definitely helps!
    Dedew
    Discord has been a game-changer for me! Its customizable channels, roles, and integration with bots make it super engaging. Plus, it’s where many communities already feel at home. Easy onboarding, lively voice channels, and a strong sense of belonging make it stand out
    Jason Jackson
    It really depends on your community's needs and preferences. We started with a Facebook group but later moved to Circle.so since it offered more customization options and felt like 'our own space' vs just another FB group. The key is picking a platform your members will actually use. Telegram and Discord are great for some communities, while more private forums like Circle or Discourse work better for others. Just gotta experiment and see what sticks!