• Subscribe
  • What's the biggest challenge you face during hiring?

Anshul Raghav
    11 replies
    How do you tackle your hiring challenges, and what tools do you use or wish you could use to assist in the process?

Replies

James Robert Anderson
    Finding truly qualified candidates is definitely a challenge. For cultural fit, I like to ask situational and behavioral interview questions to get a sense of the candidate's values, work style, and how they would fit with the team. Asking the same set of questions to each candidate also helps make fair comparisons. Referrals from current employees can be great for finding people who mesh well with the company culture too.
    Anshul Raghav
    @jamesrobertanderson thank you for sharing your experience with us. I agree that referrals can sometimes help in finding the right cultural fit.
    Lia thomas
    For me, the biggest challenge is finding candidates who are not only skilled but also a good cultural fit for my team. I tackle this by emphasizing values in job descriptions and during interviews, and by using tool like personality assessments.
    Pablo Ani
    I often struggle with the sheer volume of applications. It’s tough to sift through them all efficiently. I use applicant tracking systems to streamline the process, but I wish there were more advanced AI tools to help with initial screenings
    murph
    Hiring for a role now. Honestly the biggest hurdle has been candidates ghosting after a certain point in the process...
    Freddi
    One of the biggest challenges I face during hiring is finding candidates who are not only qualified but also a good fit for our team culture. It’s tricky balancing skills and personality.
    Edward Turner
    Aligning candidate skills and team fit is def a challenge. Some tools that can help assess culture fit: 1) Plum.io for measuring personality traits 2) Hireguide.ai for structured interviews that surface values 3) Bunch.ai does culture/personality assessments. And ask behavior-based questions in interviews - how they've handled situations reveals a lot about their mindset & approach. Takes extra effort but finding that great fit is worth it!