• Subscribe
  • What's the biggest marketing related problem you are facing right now?

Tyrone Robb
    8 replies
    A while ago I had some fun answering marketing related questions for a few hours on Reddit, it was my 3rd most popular post, and had a few hundred karma on it. If you are happy to share here then I will give you my two cents worth. If you want it in private feel free to message me on Linkedin.

Replies

Steve Wang
    We launched our product on June 1st here in Product Hunt and we ranked No. 2 on that day (LinkedCRM AI), the result is amazing and we can see users are coming. Yet two months later, we see new users are decreasing day by day. Although we are also working on our SEO pages, you know SEO is something that really takes time. We are trying to promote on Google Ads as well. However, our product is a Chrome extension to be precise and I notice that we cannot target Chrome users on Google. Basically I can only target by keywords which narrow down our potential users greatly. Anyhow, we are still trying everything we can to acquire new users for our product.
    Steve Wang
    @ty_robb Thanks Tyrone, yes, we are looking for micro influencers right now. Advertising on LinkedIn seems a great idea, thanks. We will give it a try for sure.
    Tyrone Robb
    Launching soon!
    @steve_heng_wang can the product be stand alone/not a chrome extension? Can you advertise on Linkedin to people using chrome? Have you considered 1) making some video content for yourself, 2) looking form micro influencers? You could extend that to newsletters and similar.
    Tyrone Robb
    Launching soon!
    @steve_heng_wang one thing to remember is that if you can make someone want it enough, downloading and using chrome won't be a problem. I know lots of people who have started using MS Edge so they can use copilot instead of a google search. Also for your SEO content try to add video, and internal linking to articles, and more "how to" or other micro learning opportunities. It would also be nice if your articles had different covers, it takes a minute to figure things out as they all blend in. Also your articles open in a new tab which is not a great experience.
    Steve Wang
    @ty_robb Really great advice! One more thing, I'm note quite sure why "opening in a new tab" is not a good experience?
    Tyrone Robb
    Launching soon!
    @steve_heng_wang Opening a blog in a new tab is an unexpected behaviour, it can feel strange also, it's often a tactic used by websites with lots of ads so you may be blocked. Also, you are making the user have more tabs than they need. It is not life-threatening but a quality of life.
    ❉ Ksenia
    thanks for this opportunity! my biggest concern is that there is a massive overproduction of content right now and people are really tired it seems like content needs to be really unique to stay engaging, but what if you can't always create something really refined (especially on a daily and even weekly basis)
    Tyrone Robb
    Launching soon!
    @kszhebrovskaya sorry I missed this one. Who are your target customer? What information do they need and when?