• Subscribe
  • What's the fastest way to validate a product idea?

Emon makhmudov
    11 replies

Replies

Shawn Cao
    Test interests - collect waitlist and see how far it goes. Test business - sign up with $1 reserve fee to get notified when product is ready. disclaimer: the first one works for me, but the second one is just an idea.
    Tymek Zapała
    Build MVP which is as simple as possible (postpone infra, UX, architecture work) and get first paying customer.
    Emon makhmudov
    @tymzap Focusing on the core value first helps avoid getting bogged down in unnecessary complexity. Have you found a sweet spot between building the MVP and adding key features that customers expect?
    Benson Gao
    How about posting a thread to test the waters? Don't rush to develop your product yet; first, ask if there is a demand for it.
    jonny vince
    I can ask friends and family about my idea. Their honest feedback will help me understand if it has potential.
    Alexander Galitsky
    Drive traffic-get feedback-iterate
    Debajit Sarkar
    Use social listening as a validation tool. Identifying high-value conversations is the key. You'll need to go beyond basic keywords and use advanced search operators, semantic analysis to uncover nuanced conversations and then develop a system to qualify leads based on their level of engagement and interest.
    Maggie
    I think is to validate a product idea is to talk to potential customers directly. Set up quick interviews or surveys to understand their pain points and see if your solution resonates with them. Nothing beats direct feedback from real users.
    Richard Reis
    Most Recommended Books
    Most Recommended Books
    Launch it and gauge people's reaction?
    Ash G
    1. Look for existing competitors. If they exist, your idea is validated. 2. Identify a problem you have. If your solution solves that pain point, it likely helps others too. Look on social channels to see if people are discussing similar pain points. 3. If there's interest on social media, create a landing page for your product. Share it in those channels to gauge interest. 4. Directly message potential customers to ask if your product addresses their pain points. 5. Build an MVP with essential features. Reach out to potential customers for feedback. If any express interest and become paying users, your idea is validated.
    Ogaga John
    Rayna UI - Free 500+ Components & UI kit
    Rayna UI - Free 500+ Components & UI kit
    Develop a basic version of your product that includes only the core features. This allows you to test the concept without a full-scale launch. Then gather feedback from potential customers through surveys or interviews to understand their needs and pain points.