15 replies

Replies

Kavya Tripathi
    Gamification with fitness apps
    Joy kalu
    Launching soon!
    @kavya Tripathi Oh really? 🤔
    YanXu
    @kavyaaatripathi We've actually released this app you're talking about in the last week, if you're interested you can take a look at it
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    If people take it as fun and they can learn something new, there doesn't have to be any reward necessarily. Let's take DuoLingo. No rewards, just passion to stick to good habits that help you with improving langues. Only motivation is the most effective there. :)
    Zane Ryan
    @busmark_w_nika Hahaha, but there are a lot of things that I know are interesting, but I can’t stick to them, so I guess the reward system is important.
    Myles McPherson
    Gamification is a whole process so it shouldn't just be thrown into your community. I'm adding gamification elements to my platform hacker huddle and it requires deeply knowing your users
    Joy kalu
    Launching soon!
    @influence_labs I'd be really interested to hear more about how you're approaching the gamification strategy for Hacker Huddle. It sounds like you've the right mindset to make it work effectively. Congrats in Addy💪
    Myles McPherson
    @joy_kalu1 Thanks! It's definetly too much to explain over text but you can read about it more on the website hackerhuddle.com, or I can share how it works with you over a call! Also, there are a handful of gamification books an Amazon that taught me what I know. Looking up 'Octalysis framework' is a great place for you to start. My one tip is to avoid what's called the "PBL" fallacy. Most people that want to gamify just add points, badges, and leader boards (PBL's) and think they've made an engaging experience. This often has the opposite effect and makes users feel like children and they disengage. Hope this helps
    Zane Ryan
    I think reward mechanisms are very important in games. I think often people can't learn anything from things they find interesting, unless you really love it. Enthusiasm will also be worn away, but if there is a good reward mechanism, it can continuously give you feedback, make you want to share and show off in the community, and give you the motivation to continue to maintain your enthusiasm for learning. Of course, it is equally important that the product itself is interesting
    Sue Buist
    Gamification is an easy way to hook people. The human brain is built to repeat an action when it receives the hormonal kick given from rewards. What the reward is, is irrelevant as long as the community member gets the happy hormone feedback. The brain will seek to repeat the behaviour on an unconscious level. This goes as far back in our history as primal days. It is the main drive that has kept us alive and evolving as a species. If you know your community, you can build rewards that speak to them. Status is a big driver. Reward community leaders. Take these social platforms as an example. Upvote, top contributor, rising star etc. They all hit on a person's pride. In a nut shell, to me the most effective way is to understand why gamification works so well, know your audience and cater to what drives them.
    Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    Offer rewards such as badges, points, or leaderboards to recognize and incentivize participation. This not only motivates members but also fosters a sense of achievement and recognition.