• Subscribe
  • What’s the most important metric you track when launching your product ?

Toni
    22 replies
    Measuring results is crucial for new products. But what’s the key indicator ? Signups, Payments, conversion, Traffic, NPS… ?

Replies

Sukumar
    For me tracking how users interact with the product is key. I pay close attention to metrics like daily active users and session length
    Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    I would say for me it is mainly DAU x NPS.
    YanXu
    For me, I would track the app's daily user count, daily usage duration, next-day retention rate, 3-day retention rate, 7-day retention rate, and daily login time points.
    Joseph Parker
    One thing I focus on is how many users come back after their first visit. If people keep coming back, it usually means we're hitting the mark with what they want.
    Gleen Parker
    For me, the most important metric is user engagement. I like to see how many people are actively interacting with my product.
    Cathy morino
    Personally, I track the number of new users. It gives me an idea of how well the launch is attracting fresh interest.
    Madison Marley
    I usually focus on conversion rates. It's crucial to know how many people are taking the desired action, like signing up or making a purchase.
    Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
    Retention is top. If your churn is too high, any marketing expenses are burned cash.
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    Retention rate.
    Mirah Shah
    I’d say traffic is important to track, especially in the early days. I think knowing where your users are coming from can help you refine your marketing efforts and focus on what’s working best.
    Claudia Dennis
    For me, the most important metric when launching a product is user engagement. I think tracking how actively users interact with the product gives a good sense of whether it’s meeting their needs. Signups are great, but if users aren’t sticking around it’s a red flag.
    Nathan Covey
    Conversion rates and DAU!
    Milo Richard
    For me, it’s user engagement. Seeing how actively users interact with your product right from the start gives valuable insights into its immediate impact and text copy and paste areas for improvement.
    Isabella Rose Wilson
    I'd say Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) is the key metric to watch in the early days. Ultimately your revenue tells the story of product-market fit and whether you're building something people will actually pay for. Tracking NPS and engagement metrics like DAU/MAU are also super important for iterating on the product. What do others think?
    Toni
    @isabellarosewilson that s interesting, thanks for sharing . To me MRR is important but is a mirage. You can have quickly an MRR growth that actually hides a leaking funnel, with high churn. That’s why I always recommend to focus early on on NRR. Many people have expressed also the key focus on user activity like DAU / WAU to measure engagement with the product. All interesting takes
    Nga Thuý
    Bú ko nhóc…