• Subscribe
  • What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned from a failed product?

Sebastian
    11 replies

Replies

Ado Audu
    Failing taught me to always test ideas before going big.
    Advin Jadis
    I discovered that launching too early can be detrimental.
    murph
    @advin_jadis I think this is probably underrated… so much hustle culture content on shipping fast. Bias for action is good, but really tough/near impossible to overcome a bad first impression with a customer.
    Oliver Charlotte
    I realized that having a clear plan is essential.
    Arthur
    The most valuable lesson for me was the need to be adaptable.
    Rebaika James
    Don't trust anyone too early
    Gurkaran Singh
    One valuable lesson I learned from a failed product is that even the most innovative ideas can flop if not properly validated and adapted. It's like trying to launch a rocket without double-checking the fuel first - not a great idea!
    Bakura Abatcha
    I learned the importance of thorough market research. If you don't know your audience, you might end up with a product nobody wants.
    Jawwad Farid
    That launch is a sequence of events. Not a single event. That you have to get the entire sequence right. What we think of and consider "launch" or "launch day" is just one step within the sequence. There is a before and after, a pre and post. We have to get that right too for it to work. Which is one big reason why launch could be so anti-climatic. All those months of work and you would expect Nirvana on the other side of the big day but you get crickets.
    Mileva
    I guess the most valuable lesson from a failed product is the importance of understanding and meeting customer needs.