• Subscribe
  • What's Your Go-To Strategy for a Successful Product Hunt Launch?

Neeraj Negi
    6 replies
    Launching on Product Hunt can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. Whether you're a seasoned pro or gearing up for your first launch, I'm curious—what's your go-to strategy for making it a success? Some questions to spark the conversation: Pre-Launch Prep: How do you build anticipation and gather support before the big day? Launch Day Tactics: What are the key actions you take on launch day to maximize visibility and engagement? Post-Launch Follow-Up: How do you keep the momentum going after your launch? Lessons Learned: If you've launched before, what’s one thing you wish you knew beforehand? Last week, I launched Tweetlio and noticed something strange—people were getting high votes early on, but eventually, all those upvotes seemed to disappear. Has anyone else experienced this? What do you think is going on? Let’s share our tips, tricks, and experiences—what’s worked (or not worked) for you?

Replies

Iris Matt
    Craft a compelling story and visuals before launch. Be active on launch day and use social media to drive traffic. Afterward, send updates and engage with users. Manage feedback and feature requests carefully.
    Neeraj Negi
    Tweetlio
    Tweetlio
    Launching soon!
    @iris_matt You're spot on with that approach! Crafting a compelling story and eye-catching visuals before the launch sets the foundation for success. Being active and responsive on launch day is crucial—it’s your moment to shine and make a big impact. Leveraging social media to drive traffic ensures that your efforts reach a broad audience. Post-launch, keeping the momentum going with updates and continuous engagement is key to building a loyal user base. Handling feedback and feature requests thoughtfully shows that you’re listening and committed to improving the experience. This careful management not only strengthens your product but also fosters a strong community around it.
    Desire Waterman
    I Start with a strong pre launch campaign, contact influencers, and gather feedback. On launch day, I use social media and engage with the community. Follow up with updates and feedback.
    Neeraj Negi
    Tweetlio
    Tweetlio
    Launching soon!
    @desire_waterman That's a solid launch strategy! Starting with a strong pre-launch campaign is essential for building anticipation and getting people excited. Reaching out to influencers and gathering feedback early on helps you refine your approach and create buzz around your launch. On the big day, leveraging social media and actively engaging with your community ensures you make a strong impact. Following up with updates and continuing to gather feedback keeps your momentum going and shows your commitment to delivering value. It’s a winning formula for a successful launch!
    Olivia Jane Miller
    Yeah, building an email list and community engagement before launch is key. On launch day, be super active in the comments, respond to everyone, and blast it out on social. Keep the updates and discussion going after launch too. And don't panic when votes go up and down, that's normal. Make sure your page and messaging are on point!
    Sebastian Cole Ashford
    For sure! I always start with a pre-launch campaign to build awareness. Leverage tools like Mailchimp to build an email list, post teasers on social media, get in touch with influencers for early feedback. On launch day, be super active on PH - answer questions, post updates, keep the momentum going. Gotta keep that engagement high! And don't forget post-launch follow-up with your audience. It's a grind but totally worth it for a successful launch.