• Subscribe
  • What’s your go-to UX research method?

Hey #ux community, what’s your favorite workshop exercise? 
My favorite is Affinity Diagraming or Card Sorting. Great method for figuring out what information belongs where when you just have a mess of topics to organize. Especially comes in handy organizing my personal file folders on OneDrive. 
#userexperience

Replies

Kravec Dendil
    For UX research, I often turn to usability testing. It’s practical for gathering direct feedback from users and uncovering pain points in real time. I appreciate how Clay Global outlines the user experience research process, emphasizing the importance of mixed methods like interviews and user journey mapping, which provide comprehensive insights into user behavior and needs.
    Shajedul Karim
    love the simplicity of user interviews. they’re like jazz—structured, yet free for real insights. affinity diagramming is a close second for its visual sorting magic.
    @shajedulkarim_ Are you like a Miles Davis, more of an unstructured interviewer? I find myself going the semi-structured route, like towards the end of the discussion I’ll have follow up questions for new insights.. but I’ll try to limit myself.
    Barry Zheng
    GPTBLOX-ChatGPT Save Data
    GPTBLOX-ChatGPT Save Data
    I'm a huge fan of the 'Think Aloud' method. Having users verbalize their thoughts while interacting with a product provides invaluable insights into their pain points, confusion, or delight.
    @barryzheng568 Fax! Have you had the challenge where a user is non-vocal or has a disability? If so, how did you overcome that barrier?