What website builder (CMS/custom code) do you use?

Olena Bomko
56 replies
I use Ucraft for my site. It's a simple website builder. My bigger clients use HubSpot and WordPress. My small clients use Webflow. But they complain that it adds a lot of useless code. You should edit code manually to get good rankings from performance tests (Core Web Vitals). My tech clients use custom code + a lot of people recommend Framer. What do you use?

Replies

Adam Lui
<3 Docsify, it lets you type up pages using simple Markdown, host for free on GitHub, then it renders it as HTML you can make beautiful using CSS
Olena Bomko
@adamlui Very cool! Something new for me. Are you a developer?
Olena Bomko
@alex_egorov My clients complain that it adds a lot of useless code. You should edit code manually to get good rankings from performance tests (Core Web Vitals). True?
Andrey Bozhjev
@olenabomko Yeah) Softr integrates nicely with databases that are deployed in Airtable. Tilda is great for quick creation of lendings.
Prem Saini
Due to its combination of strong design skills and clean, effective code creation, Webflow is the ideal website builder.
Olena Bomko
@prem_saini1 My clients complain that it adds a lot of useless code. You should edit code manually to get good rankings from performance tests (Core Web Vitals). True?
Steve Lou
Webflow + flowbase and you have everything you need!
Olena Bomko
@steve_lourdessamy Do you edit drag-and-drop or edit the code manually?
Leena Chitnis
I just use Shopify plug-and-play templates and hire a coder to make it custom
Olena Bomko
@chitterz Can you edit content yourself?
Leena Chitnis
@olenabomko Yup! It's great. You don't have to be a techie at all to use it and you can make absolutely stunning websites like this: timberdog.com -- that's my site.
Paula Ulianiuk
@olenabomko it's a headless website builder. It's still in closed beta, but you can ask for an invite on our website https://cntrl.site/ And we are launching in 3 weeks💥
Sergei Petrov
We use custom code for the product, and Wix for the landing page. I also heard that Bubble is good, but I didn’t use it. Tried Webflow - also ok.
Olena Bomko
@sergeipetrov Interesting! Thank you :) Are you happy with Wix?
Ashmil Hussain
Our website is natively built using React and NextJS, with Contentful serving as our headless CMS for blogs.
Olena Bomko
@ashmil_hussain Only developers can edit your main website?
Ashmil Hussain
@olenabomko, Only developers can modify the design, while Contentful is used for updating or publishing content and images.
We are using Builder.io because it is very flexible and developers can edit code more freely.
Layla
I use Webflow to build my websites. It's a great platform for creating custom designs without having to write code.
Ivan Dudin
WordPress + Stackable extension = perfect combo for no-code site construction. Live example you can look in our site: https://useblocks.io
Judith Amarachi 💙
Wordpress and Webflow. I'm currently building one on Webflow
David strc
Blogger is a free blog platform that is owned by Google. It is a good choice for projects that need a simple blog
Chritopher Bond
Joomla is a CMS that is known for its power and scalability. It is a good choice for projects that need a complex or high-traffic website.