• Subscribe
  • What website metrics are most important to track performance or success?

Muzammil Merchant
    33 replies
    Apart from the standard metrics like total visits, bounce rate, conversion rate, etc. I feel like these are important as well- 1. Engagement by Device type- Understanding how visitors access your site (desktop, mobile, tablet) and ensuring they are having a good experience through all these devices. 2. CTR on Internal Links- Helps us understand if users are finding our internal linking helpful and engaging. 3. Form Abandonment Rate- Tracks the percentage of visitors who start filling out a form but don't complete it. 4. Heatmaps- This can pinpoint areas of high attention or confusion, helping us optimize page layout and content placement.

Replies

CY Zhou
    The most important website metrics to track performance or success include user engagement (like bounce rate and session duration) and conversion rates. These metrics provide insights into how effectively your website is attracting and retaining visitors, and how well it’s driving desired actions.
    Muzammil Merchant
    @lightfield That's true, these are primary metrics that should be observed over time to make any sort of adjustments
    Milli Sen
    These are pretty good. Thanks for sharing.
    Vaibhav
    I never used to find heatmaps interesting until recently. They are game-changer and tells a lot!
    Muzammil Merchant
    @vaibhavdwivedi Yes yes they truly are, I was amazed by it as a concept when I first saw it on Hotjar. It’s especially delightful when you see the heatmaps change based on website iterations.
    Zaheer Khan
    Great points! Device engagement and internal link CTR are essential. Appreciate the share!
    Steve Weatherby
    Solid list! Device engagement and heatmaps can really boost UX. Thanks for the insights!
    Sophia Gartner
    Totally agree. Device engagement and form abandonment rate are crucial.
    Natalia Toth
    agree with everything!
    Tanya Sharath
    Totally agree with you. Device engagement ,internal link CRT, from abandonment, and heatmaps are all super valuable.
    Sharon Workman
    Great suggestions! Device engagement and internal link CTR are super important
    Tim David
    Thanks for sharing such useful insights
    Keira Stump
    Absolutely! Engagement by device and form abandonment rates are key. Thanks for sharing!
    Kimberly West
    Totally agree. Device engagement and form abandonment rates are crucial. Thanks for sharing!
    Amit Arora
    Also, Cart Abandonment Rate :)
    Armind Hash
    Great points! Engagement by device and form abandonment rates are key. Thanks for the insights!
    James Chappel
    Great suggestions! Device engagement and internal link CTR are super valuable. Thanks for sharing!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Ah, tracking website metrics is like keeping tabs on a digital ecosystem! From engagement by device type to form abandonment rates, it's like being a virtual detective solving the mysteries of user behavior online. Let's dive into these digital breadcrumbs together!
    Jasper Elliot Sinclair
    Those are solid metrics! A few others I track: 1) Scroll depth - shows how far users typically scroll on key pages before bouncing. 2) Site search usage - reveals what content users are looking for. 3) Top exit pages - helps identify potential UX issues causing users to leave. 4) Visitor recency - shows how often users come back to re-engage with the site.