What worked for you while launching a new app on Shopify?

Imtiaz Bellary
7 replies
Hi, we at Engati have spent months building out an all-in-one omnichannel customer engagement app for Shopify stores. We have recently launched it on the Shopify app store - apps.shopify.com/engati. Need ideas on how to grow installs of the app. Thank you

Replies

Ferenc Forgacs
Oh, and app store ads can also help you in the beginning. Once you have a few customers and great ratings, the algorithm will "love" your app more so you can try to turn off the ads and see how it works. I wish you great customers 😊
Ferenc Forgacs
I wasn't looking for rapid growth so in my case SEO was the best solution and worked pretty fine, though I had to wait a few months before it started to kick in. I also checked those who rated similar apps and I reached out to them without much success. Another thing that helped to acquire a few customers in the early days was a guest post on a blog. You can also try to post your app to Facebook groups, but pay attention to their posting rules and don't get banned 😄
Luisa Lu
My site used to run on WooCommerce, and it was a nightmare. Every couple of days something would crash for no reason. Since I moved my store to Shopify here, it's been running smoothly. I haven't had a bad day yet. The only thing I don't like is that Shopify doesn't offer a drag and drop builder to edit your site. Shopify is great for small and large businesses. And it's really easy to scale your operations with Shopify. Shopify is the best thing that's happened to the e-commerce space. The culture and team at this company are really dedicated to creating the best product and doing everything they can to help you compete
Vipra Dutta
One strategy that worked for me while launching a new app on Shopify was utilizing social media and influencer marketing to reach a wider audience and create buzz about the app. Additionally, offering a free trial or limited-time discount for early adopters helped to generate initial downloads and positive reviews. https://www.biztechcs.com/shopif...
Alex@epsifund
Imtiaz, hi - I'm curious how did the launch go for you here on PH and would you do it again if you were to launch a new Shopify App?
Usman Ghani
Shopify App Development helps business to stay competitive in today's digital world. Unlock the Potential of Your Shopify Store with VKommerce. Enjoy Free consultancy. https://vkommerce.com/services/s...