• Subscribe
  • When did you earn your first internet dollar? πŸ’Έ

Do you remember the first customer of your online product/service? It is said that the first is special. What technique (do you think) helped you to gain the first paying customer? I would like to hear/read your story. ----- Speaking about me, a few years back I created a workout online training platform and people probably found me on social media (I was quite active) – so my first customer noticed me and noticed my results. But TBH, I had many online products/services as I did many projects. The success is that every product had its first paying customer. πŸ˜… I think it was because of my visibility in communities.

Replies

Nsikan Dickson
    Struggling earn my first $1k online I am honest, so I really need help
    Nsikan Dickson
    To be honest, I have a lot of products, but I need client that I will sell my product too, so can you help me with that?
    Prem Saini
    @joeskin @busmark_w_nika the best comment i saw on a monday morning🀣
    Nsikan Dickson
    It is my photo I am not hiding. Do you want me to change it for you to believe it is me
    jalaj
    @busmark_w_nika I am yet to make my 1st dollar from indie hacking. But I worked as a math expert and earned some dollars online a few years back. I have built a few full-stack product but did not get much traction. Now I plan to build a build an One Person MVP development agency helping founders and business owners build their SAAS, AI apps, Mobile apps, etc. Do you have any advice on how should I market my dev agency and get potential clients ??
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @jalajdu who are your competitors?
    jalaj
    @busmark_w_nika Other dev agency maybe. My offering is I would develop and deliver MVP within 28 days. I want to know how can I get clients.
    @jalajdu First, you should have some testimonials (good to be recommended by satisfied users) – maybe you can find 2 people who would benefit from discounted service (I know that one guy did the same and somehow they reconnected with one of my contacts) – but really do now know how did get in touch :D it is one approach I outlined. The second could be e.g. streaming your building process (but this is a very long-term approach and quite risky – this is for a longer discussion). When you have credibility and authority in your industry, it is more likely you get clients more easily.
    CY Zhou
    I earned my first internet dollar back in 2010 by selling handmade jewelry on Etsy. It was a small sale, but it sparked my passion for online business!
    @lightfield it is quite interesting how people's hobbies evolve. What about your jewellery hobby now? :)
    Rowe Morehouse
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    Selling a Sales Training product on ClickBank in 2004. That's when I had the first $ dollar from an internet sale hit my personal bank account, rather than being paid by an employer to build things on the internet.
    @rowemore I reckon since then you started to be more into internet selling (because no one wants to go back :D)
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    Selling financial model as a consulting service in 2017 I did them a lot in-house, decided to try selling aa side-hustle Starting from there I have built an analytics agency and run it for 4 years before moved back to SaaS
    @kostyabolsh Wait, you have been running your own digital company? Was it acquired?
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    @busmark_w_nika tbh my cofounder stole our cash and money we saved to pay contractors Had to negotiate to get time to earn enough to pay debts to contractors. Then I decided to close / not restart agency as I wanted to build products. So I joined B2B SAAS as Sales Director
    Anna Jack
    I have earned through my gig on Fiverr in the year 2020
    @anna_jack1 what service did you offer?
    Salar Davari
    I think it was about four months after I started. It was three years ago and I sometimes miss those days.
    Isaac Henry Gallagher
    My first internet dollar came from a blog I started in college reviewing local restaurants. I got a lot of buzz by sharing my honest opinions on social media, and a few months in, a restaurant reached out wanting to place an ad. It was a measly $50 but felt amazing to earn money from my own content! I think the key was consistently creating helpful posts and actively engaging with the community to build an audience. That visibility and trust made my first sponsor feel it was worth giving me a shot.
    @isaachenrygallagher Were you able to retain those earnings? In the meaning to have a frequent income?
    Gurkaran Singh
    Oh, my first internet dollar was like spotting a rare Pokemon - hard to forget! 🌟 My first online customer probably stumbled upon me during a late-night virtual treasure hunt through social media. πŸ˜„