• Subscribe
  • Where is the best place to hire contractors (developers) in 2024?

Demi Yang
    3 replies
    Here are my opinions on various platforms, but please feel free to share if you disagree: 1. Upwork — No barrier to entry so there's too many low-quality profiles to sort through 2. Wellfound — I found some pretty good devs here a few years ago (circa 2018), but it now seems to be trending towards Upwork 3. Turing — Takes a massive cut. Pays developers pennies. 4. Toptal — Good talent but also takes a massive cut and isn't transparent about how much. I'm curious about CloudDevs and Unicorn.dev if anyone has used them. They seem to be transparent about pricing, which is great.

Replies

Huraira Muzafar
    I have a team of developer that can help you in your product you can hire us
    Gurkaran Singh
    "Thanks for sharing your insights on hiring platforms! It's like a tech jungle out there - with hidden gems and shady paths. Always good to hear real experiences to navigate through the wilderness of finding great developers. CloudDevs and Unicorn.dev sound intriguing with their transparency, might be worth exploring!"
    Bhavana Krishnamurthy
    Freelance platforms like Upwork, and Fiverr, are great for finding talent from around the world for short-term tasks that are not complex. However, it can be a bit challenging to vet their skills, track their work, and ensure they're always available. Managing freelancers takes time since they juggle multiple projects. I also agree with the fact that in these freelance platforms, there is no guarantee about the quality of developers. For a more seamless experience, consider platforms like edev.com to hire high-quality dedicated remote developers. They offer the same flexibility and cost-effectiveness of freelance platforms but take care of everything for you—from hiring and vetting to payments and resource management. You will only pay for the number of hours worked by the developer and there are no hidden costs or platform fee like other hiring platforms.