• Subscribe
  • Which method is better to create a community for a website? Code your own like PH or using Discord?

Allan
    6 replies
    We launched our website Aiswers.com recently. Currently, we use discord as community. The good thing is that it's easy and fast deploy, but the shortcoming are obvious as well that user has to register and download discord to talk to others. Also the community content aren't displayed within the website and not SEO friendly. So what do you think about it? Which method is better?

Replies

Two Heads
    I think growing a community on (communication) tools that people already use would be much easier. So maybe look into WhatsApp? Or indeed create your own so you can display community posts on your website, social media, etc.
    Allan
    Aiswers.com
    Aiswers.com
    @twoheads Not sure about whatsapp, but I do see more and more products uses discord as community. I think create own is hard and expensive.
    Two Heads
    @allan_ryl it’s word a shot, as pretty much everyone has whatsapp, not discord
    murph
    I think bootstrapping an active community from scratch on any new platform is suppper hard these days, so like the tradeoff of bolting on an existing service like Discord. I would look at using telegram or whatsapp as a base too.. depending on your niche, more likely the user is on one of those apps already.
    Allan
    Aiswers.com
    Aiswers.com
    @duffdevone True, I see most new products uses discord. It's probably because the benefit can't cover the cost.
    murph
    @allan_ryl for sure. plus for certain niches (eg. web3, gaming) your target market is already hanging out on discord.