• Subscribe
  • While developing mobile app should focus on cross platform frameworks or native frameworks?

vicky pradhan
    7 replies

Replies

Chuck Alvarez
    When developing a mobile app, you should consider using cross-platform frameworks for faster development and broader reach. They allow you to build for both iOS and Android simultaneously, saving time and resources. However, if you need the best performance, access to platform-specific features, and a more refined user experience, native frameworks are the way to go. Ultimately, the choice depends on your app’s requirements and long-term goals.
    I'm all for cross platform frameworks. For me, react-native does the job incredibly well!
    vicky pradhan
    @gabriele_mazzola thanks for sharing your experience. I am also a react native developer but one thing I notice once the app starts to scale it slows down the application a bit
    @vicky_pradhan1 What do you mean with "once the app starts to scale"?
    @vicky_pradhan1 I'm not sure.. we've had some pretty complex apps over the years and we never really noticed any particular slowdown related to react-native as a framework. I think there's plenty of ways to optimize apps so as long as you're careful when implementing things you should not incur into any big performance issue.