Who still uses Threads (the social media)?

Toni
18 replies
Haven't heard about Threads in months. Is it still a thing Do tech people post and interact there? They are releasing their API but is the platform relevant?

Replies

Rebecca Johnson
No, at all
Business Marketing with Nika
I am trying to give it a try. So we will see. What's your handle there?
Toni
@busmark_w_nika I tried it in 2023, quickly stopped because it was just a lot of people self promoting and copy/pasting old Twitter trends. They still claim having many DAU but in the tech / entrepreneur world, no one talks about it. see you there : @tonistouts
Business Marketing with Nika
@tonistouts @toni_pm I also try that Tweet vs Threads strategy :D because I saw some people doing the same and they had more engagement on the same post on Threads than on Twitter :D
Toni
@busmark_w_nika 😅 I too repurposed content for Threaads. But i m still doubtful so far cause I haven’t met any one in my network who said « I have gained Xx clients from Threads »
Paulina Hryniewicz
I only remember about it because Facebook and Instagram keep pushing it on me by showing me some random Threads while I peacefully scroll IG :D
Toni
@paulinahryniewicz @busmark_w_nika yes they clearly try to shove it down our throats in any way possible !! 😅 Which let's me think it's really not doing well, if they have to use those hacks !!!
I don't. No account created there. I don't know anyone personally who uses that. But sometimes randomly it keeps showing up on Instagram.
Toni
@vertikanigam Right ? i don't know anyone in my tech network who uses it. but see Meta trying to push me posts when i'm on insta. Really curious of who uses it
Nichole Elizabeth DeMeré (EIthiriel)
Never got into it. Never understood its purpose. Yet, I use Instagram daily.
Launching soon!
Threads is still a vibrant community where tech enthusiasts and content creators come together to share ideas, collaborate, and engage with each other. While it may not be as mainstream as other social media platforms, Threads offers a unique space for in-depth discussions and networking among like-minded individuals. With the release of their API, the platform is opening up new possibilities for creative expression and innovation. So if you're looking for a niche community that values authentic interaction and meaningful conversations, Threads is definitely worth exploring. We are building a marketing Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI
Pablo Rodríguez Aracil
I used to, but I thought it was like Twitter, so, why having two equal platforms? Is there any possibility to use it for engaging? It's a "weird" social media in my opinion.
Toni
@pablo_rodriguez_aracil i feel exactly the same. There is a twitter feel to it, but yet, not quite the same. Haven't seen concrete cases of successful engagement emerge there.
Gurkaran Singh
Threads? Oh, it's like that one friend who pops up randomly at parties - you never know when you'll see them again! But hey, who knows, maybe it's where tech wizards share their coding spells and tech potions!