• Subscribe
  • Why are affiliate programs not interesting for tech influencers?

Leon Jacken
    6 replies
    We got contacted by quite some tech influencers who offer to promote our product on various social channels. I made them aware of our affiliate program where they can earn 20% per referral as we're bootstrapping and currently don't have the funds to pay per post. However, most don't seem to consider that. Any idea why that is?

Replies

Olive Knight
    Tech influencers usually prefer upfront payments because affiliate earnings can be unpredictable, and they might not want to take that risk.
    Leon Jacken
    @olive_knight1 what risk? Of spending some time to make a post and post it? They already invest time "scouting" products they like and think might convert. Sure unpredictable, but can also be highly rewarding.
    Zoey Graham
    It's all about time. Influencers invest a lot in creating content, so they want guaranteed returns instead of relying on how well your product converts.
    Leon Jacken
    @zoey_graham fair enough, but if they approach me I could assume they do see potential in my product, thus it would convert?
    Landon Powell
    Many influencers are used to working with bigger brands that offer flat fees. Affiliate offers might seem less appealing when they can get guaranteed payments elsewhere.
    Leon Jacken
    @landon_powell Yeah I get that point. However, it would be just "one more" post for them. Which shouldn't take long if I already provide materials.