• Subscribe
  • Why it is so hard to set an interview with my user? why

Chen Zhang
    30 replies
    I’m the founder of DROP (drop.space), a platform that combines the best of WeTransfer and Dropbox, but with some extra features that make it even more powerful. I’ve been trying to get in touch with our users for weeks but haven’t had the chance to connect with any of them yet. I’m starting to wonder if my email writing skills are shit, if people can tell I’m using GPT, or if they’re just not interested in the product. If anyone has any clue or tips on how I can improve my outreach and start conversations with our users,BIG THANKS

Replies

Filxa Adam
    I’ve struggled with this as well. Sometimes it’s just about finding the right approach to make it easier for them to say yes.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @filxa_adam Could you share some insights on how you go about it?
    Robin P.
    Launching soon!
    Hi Chen, it's a bit hard to tell without seeing your outreach copy and sequence. I've done a ton of outreach over the past couple of years in various capacities with usually really good conversion rates, happy to take a look at it so I can give some useful feedback.
    Chen Zhang
    @robin_poelmans something like this Dear XXX, We’re thrilled to welcome you join DROP! Your support means the world to us, and we’re eager to learn more about your experience. We would love to invite you to a brief Zoom interview to discuss how DROP has been working for you so far. Any feedback or suggestions you have would be incredibly valuable as we continue to improve and evolve the platform. Please let us know a time that works best for you, and we’ll be happy to set up the meeting. Thank you once again for being part of our journey. We look forward to hearing from you! Best regards, Chen and the DROP Team
    Robin P.
    Launching soon!
    @zhangchen Let's talk about it over a short call, it'll be more efficient than writing back and forth. Feel free to book in a slot here: https://www.calendly.com/robinpo...
    Oleg Tagobitsky
    Image Anonymization API
    Image Anonymization API
    Totally understand you. We observe similar problems with getting feedback from our subscribers at https://api4.ai/apis
    Amalio Lanter
    Getting responses can be tough. It might help to make your emails more engaging and offer a clear value proposition or incentive for their time
    Chen Zhang
    @amalio_lanter haha, tried, didn't really work well, seems they don't really care what kind of incentive we offered, I think they just don't really trust the service they never heard of
    Maximo Hartliness
    I wonder if it’s the timing of your emails. Have you tried sending them at different times or days? Sometimes, it’s just about catching people when they’re more likely to be free.
    Chen Zhang
    @maximo_hartliness good points, the things is our users are everywhere, and hard to know what time is the best for them
    George Rosevear
    Maybe it’s the approach. Have you tried reaching out via social media or in-app messages instead of just email?
    Chen Zhang
    @george_rosevear No, only emails for now
    Akute Mauton
    I’ve been there getting users to respond feels like pulling teeth sometimes.
    Aaron hailey
    It’s not uncommon to face challenges with user outreach. Try simplifying your emails and making them more direct. Highlighting the benefits or unique aspects of your product might grab their attention better.
    Morgan Harriss
    I’ve faced similar issues. Perhaps try segmenting your user base and sending tailored messages to different groups. Sometimes, users respond better when they see that the message is specifically relevant to their needs
    Alexander Galitsky
    Tell them you’re gonna cancel their subscriptions if they don’t reply. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Alexander Kovalov
    maybe offer them a free merch or some other bonus
    Chen Zhang
    @alexander_kovalov Tried, like 3-6 months free membership etc. but I think the issue is: people will not trust something they don't even heard of
    Mozell Kraichely
    I totally get it. Setting up interviews can be tough. Sometimes it's hard to find a time that works for both of us.
    Aquiles Byars
    I’ve been there too. People are often busy and it can be challenging to fit an interview into their schedule.
    Claudia Dennis
    It can be frustrating when it feels like everyone has a million things going on. Maybe we need to offer more flexibility in timing?
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @claudia_dennis I agree. Flexibility can be a very important factor.
    Shemtov Yogi
    I know how tough it can be. Sometimes, a personal touch or a bit of persuasion can make a difference in getting that interview scheduled.
    Chen Zhang
    @shemtov_yogi Yeah, it is getting better now, couple weeks ago, every 1000 emails we sent, we got 0 response, and now we can get around 5-6 out of 1000 emails
    Lwanda Mhlongo
    @shemtov_yogi @zhangchen Do you follow up with the ones you've sent ?
    Alexander William Hawkins
    Keep the email short and sweet! And make it personal - mention something specific about them or their product to show you've done your homework. That usually gets their attention. 👀 Also try sending a LinkedIn message if you're connected there.
    Daniel James Harris
    Hey Chen, it can definitely be tricky to secure user interviews! A few things that have worked well for me: 1) Personalize each outreach message to show you've done your homework on that specific user. 2) Clearly explain the purpose and value prop of the interview. What's in it for them? 3) Keep the initial ask simple and low commitment, like a quick 15-20 min call. 4) Offer multiple scheduling options to make it easy for them. 5) Don't give up! Polite persistence often pays off. Feel free to share your outreach copy if you want more specific feedback. Happy to help brainstorm!
    Paul Hill
    Sounds like you might need to iterate on your outreach approach. A few things to try: personalize each message, highlight what's in it for them to talk to you, keep the ask simple and clear, and follow up persistently but politely. If you share an example I'm happy to give more specific tips! Getting user interviews can be a grind but it's so worth it for the insights.
    Noah Christopher Bennett
    Persistence is key! A few tips that may help: 1) Make your outreach super personalized to show you've done your research. 2) Clearly articulate the value you're offering them. What's in it for the user? 3) Follow up! People are busy. A gentle nudge can go a long way. 4) Try multiple channels - email, social media, even a quick call. Mix it up until you find what works. Hope this helps! Let me know if you want me to take a look at your current outreach sequence.
    Chen Zhang
    To be honest, things are improving. I’ve implemented some of your suggestions, and… it’s working. I’m getting feedback and replies. No calls yet, but I believe those will come soon.