With AI companies buzz skyrocketing, does it feels like 1999 now? What's the future looking like?

Nacho Franchini
3 replies

Replies

Devin Kearns
We all live in our own AI generated bubble. Every movie, tweet, article, news story, social media video, everything will be perfectly curated (generated) for each person individually. There will be an ever-present AI layer that stands between the individual and the outside world (not including your immediate environment). It could end up being a game of telephone... where someone posts a tweet by telling their AI roughly want they want to say... then my AI reads that tweet, knows I might be interested in it, and tweaks the wording to make it more impactful for me... I read the slightly altered tweet and tell my AI to create a response based on my half-baked ramblings... My AI cleans up my message and sends it back to them... But before they read the message, their AI tweaks it to suit them... It would be never ending microscopic changes to language that could have major knock-on effects. Our digital interactions go through a technical layer like messaging apps and social media already. Some of those have algorithms ofc and that effects what, how and when we consume content. AI could take this 100 steps further and literally put us all in our tiny bubbles and create a unique digital reality for all of us.
Catherine Peterson
the energy around AI now mirrors the dot-com boom of '99, but with advancements in technology and more understanding of its potential, the future looks promising and hopefully less volatile than the dot-com bust, fingers crossed! 🤞