• Subscribe
  • Your #1 advice for a PH launch

Matt El Mouktafi
    6 replies
    Hi 👋 My new app is starting to take off and I'm thinking about launching it on Product Hunt, along with a few related free tools I've build. There's hundreds of "guides", "how to" and "advices" on the web, maybe even too much. From your personal experience, what's the #1 advice that helped you prepare a good launch ?

Replies

Abdurrahman YiÄŸit
    Best of luck on launch! I myself try to build an audience before I launch my product. I use Reddit and Product Hunt discussions for that. I believe that's a good start to understand the product-market fit.
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @apodebana thanks for your insights :) We actually launched the product before the PH launch, but currently our tool require a manual onboarding. We have around 60 users a good community on WhatsApp and LinkedIn. We would like to keep improving the product based on our users feedback in order to implement a self service, then launch to a broader audience on PH We also built small free tools to help our users, my idea was to launch the free tools first to build an audience of people interested in what we do on PH before releasing our main product
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @apodebana Thanks :) Yes building an audience is definitely helpful, I mostly used LinkedIn for that
    SaaS. Steven as a Service
    @apodebana @melmouk Hi There I have built up an audience on LinkedIn too, trying Reddit now but need to build up the Karma points first. I have my product launching here in a few hours....Have I gone to early???
    Abdurrahman YiÄŸit
    @melmouk @steven_davis6 I try to analyze the situation before launch. I have personal goals. Something like: "I will have 1000 people joined to wishlist and waiting for me to launch and ready to buy" or something like that. Thats why I try to build a large audience. Don't know about your position so I cant say much. How many people are you engaged with? How many people are ready to buy your product as soon as you launch it? Is your product solve that kind of a problem for them? If you think you are early for a launch then dont launch it :D I decide whether if I am ready for launching or not based on my goals as I said.
    SaaS. Steven as a Service
    @apodebana Thanks I think I'll run with it and see how it goes. The app has been live for 3 weeks outside of here....so launch today was on this platform...I guess I could have built up more connections within the PH community before launching on here, so I take that on board...