• Subscribe
  • According to what you can determine you had a productive day.

What are your metrics when it comes to productivity in a day? šŸ¤”šŸ“ˆ ā€“ Is it several completed tasks? ā€“ Duration you spent over work? ā€“ Diversity of activities you accomplished? So what? ---------- In my case, it is a diversity: ā€“ to have an active day in terms of work (the number of tasks done and ideally see the result) + have as many activities as possible.

Replies

Indu Thangamuthu
    May be... the number of scoldings and failures from seniors and management šŸ¤£
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @indu_thangamuthu :DDD If you don't do anything, you won't spoil anything. That's true. When you do something, you also have results (consequences). LOL.
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @busmark_w_nika Indeed. You learn from your mistakes. The bigger the mistake, the deeper the learning. šŸ˜‚
    Dan O'Malley
    Good question. My general measurement for a productive day is a simple question. Did I move the needle in the direction I want to go? It also guides the tasks I choose to prioritize. If I know I've done at least one thing to move the needle, no matter how small a task, I can consider it a productive day.
    @dan_o_malley The worst thing that can happen is that one huge task that cannot be done in one day. It totally feels like you did nothing :D
    Derek Liu
    Ideally, I finish the tasks at hand, but as a developer, sometimes finding and fixing bugs, or even figuring out the reason behind a tricky hidden bug, gets me excited :)
    that's cool. BTW, when you come up with a new idea, that also feels satisfying (unfortunately, an executed idea is still a wish) šŸ˜… @derek_liu_dev
    @derek_liu_dev True + it is still a changing process. Something in the market hits unexpectedly and you need to play totally different game.
    Derek Liu
    @busmark_w_nika Yeah, not easy at all, hope we all can enjoy the process and will have good memory when looking back in the future :)
    Rahul Parmar
    Thanks! Iā€™m pleased with what I accomplished today.
    Nathan Covey
    For me, it's hours spent in Deep Work. If I can spend 3 hours in Deep Work on my critical projects and tasks, that is a win for me
    @nathancovey 3 hours is quite a lot. I am happy with 1 :D that would be enough but I jump into many things at once hahah :D