• Subscribe
  • Anyone has experience with Discord? Good, bad?

Stephanie Cameron
    10 replies
    I am trying to figure out whether to switch to Discord as a community for my product. The target audience is 35-55 and not super tech savvy, so I am hesitant. But I love the fluidity that discord offers for users

Replies

Eliana Norton
    I've had a great experience with Discord for my community. It's flexible and engaging, but it can be a bit overwhelming for those not used to it. You might want to consider if your audience is open to learning new tools.
    Stephanie Cameron
    @eliana_norton which part can be overwhelming? For you to manage or for the users who are not used to the platform?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    The thing I experienced with Discord is, he / she can receive friend requests from fraudulent accounts. Scams etc. I like Discord – but people need to be very cautious – some community guidelines with alerts and warnings could help prevent this.
    Stephanie Cameron
    @busmark_w_nika thanks for the tip, super useful to take into account
    Shiva Tejasvi
    Creating a Discord community for your product is a great idea. It enables active updates, real-time support, and user engagement. There are dedicated servers that allow you to give and receive support and feedback. Giving it a try is not a bad idea :)
    Spencer Bowen
    Discord can be fantastic for creating a vibrant community, but it might not be the best fit for a less tech-savvy audience. It’s worth testing with a small group to see how they adapt before fully committing.
    Stephanie Cameron
    @spencer_bowen this is a great idea! I might give this a go before inviting all users
    Talia Cooper
    I've had mixed experiences. Discord is great for communication and community building, but it can be a bit complex for users who aren’t familiar with it. You might want to offer tutorials or support to ease the transition.
    Ruby Josephine Winters
    Yeah, Discord is great for communities but def has some issues with scams and spam friend requests. Having clear community guidelines and maybe some mod tools to flag/block suspicious accounts could go a long way. Also educating members on spotting scams is key. But overall still a fan of Discord despite the occasional bad apple.