• Subscribe
  • Branding - how to establish identity and confidence?

Paul VanZandt
    9 replies
    I've been through a couple of iterations of branding in my current startup (frescopad.com) and we're in the middle of a rebranding process now. I love altering and tinkering with brand elements to try to make them perfect, but I'm never sure if the result is as good as it can be. What are some tips for establishing brand identity and expressing that in your brand design?

Replies

haha.og
    1 - Nail down your profile pic, then don't ever change it - I understand your doing a rebrand, but I'd suggest figuring out your new pfp, then using it across all social media platforms, and never changing it. 2 - Post content regularly. You don't necessarily have to do it a ton, or even every day, but be consistent. 3 - It's great if you can get the same exact username/handle across all of your social media accounts.
    Paul VanZandt
    @batteystreetventures I really like these tips for social media presence - that's definitely something we'll try to grow and get consistent in the future
    Paul VanZandt
    Feel free to respond even if you aren't a designer (everyone is a designer at heart)
    Moon
    Establishing identity and confidence in your brand is key to standing out and connecting with customers. Create a unique and consistent message, and deliver it with passion and authenticity.
    Paul VanZandt
    @moon10 Completely agree - resonating with your target audience is pretty much the most important part of creating an effective brand.
    Anoir Houmou
    Stay consistent with your branding once you're happy with the design elements otherwise it can become very confusing for others viewing your product
    Paul VanZandt
    @anoirhoumou Consistency is definitely key after a certain stage of adoption
    Ayush Pattnaik
    Hi Paul, here are a few pointers to keep in mind while developing the brand identity for your company. 1 To understand their taste and visual inclination, define the user persona you want to target and develop a mood board. 2 After that, start collecting similar visual elements and begin brainstorming. This helps define the brand direction and the brand's visual language. 3 Develop the design elements like logo (with different lockups), patterns, font pairing, and marketing assets like (social media templates and business cards). The main idea is to have the entire identity feel cohesive across all the channels. I've taken a pass at redesigning the existing homepage of Fresco. You can check it out here: shorturl.at/hkLSY Let me know what you think about the same.