• Subscribe
  • Do startups still need a Facebook page? I really mean it.

Kim HM
    7 replies
    Do startups still need a Facebook page? And if you had to rank the top three social media platforms that benefit a company's community based on factors like organic traffic, engagement, reach, and promotion, what would they be? Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Replies

Josh Freeland
    great question looking to see responses on this as well
    Kim HM
    @joshuafreeland I increasingly believe that Facebook isn't helpful for businesses in the digital services industry.
    Uma Venugopal
    I've created one and linked it to insta but I don't really get much views/followers on Fb(unless I try to boost a post)
    Kim HM
    @uma_venugopal Yeah, I totally feel you on that one. I also made a Facebook page and connected it to my Instagram and blog, but I'm not really seeing much traction unless I pay to boost a post. It's kind of confusing and makes me wonder if it's even worth it.
    I think Facebook hype died long time ago. However, Twitter, Linkedin and Reddit are working really well for us.
    Carter Michael
    @sandradjajic Agreed! If you're going after an audience that's super dedicated to facebook, than of course use facebook. But I think most communities and groups have migrated elsewhere.
    Kim HM
    @sandradjajic @carter_barnett Yes, that's why I'm hesitating whether to just give up on Facebook. Now I'm leaning towards skipping Facebook.