Does anyone else just roll their eyes at ChatGPT-generated comments here? πŸ™„

Paulina Hryniewicz
33 replies
I can smell them from a mile away xD

Replies

Tim
Think about what you and others are fundamentally saying. All of us feel AI is disingenuous because it's not human. There's a big business lesson there and AI will create a business reaction over time. There's also a big lesson about us - part of being a human is receiving feedback and input from humans, not AI posing as humans.
Kshitij
Launching soon!
Hahaha, they're really annoying. Moreover, they are not even good ones with some prompting effort to make it look human, it's just blatant generic AI with gpt3.5 style answers.
Paulina Hryniewicz
@kshitij11 Exactly! I mean, have some respect. We're all hard-working people here, and we don't have time for that! πŸ˜†
Pedro Pimenta
I roll my eyes at any kind of AI-generated content anywhere, specially when used without any kind of filtering. We just hired a marketing company and everything they did was AI-generated... Just dumped that crap on us. I know how to do that, I didn't hire you to just prompt "generate Instagram posts" on ChatGPT...
Paulina Hryniewicz
@pedro_pimenta For real?! They have no shame! Working with AI is a skill, people don't realize that power users can immediately tell what's been generated with a single πŸ’© prompt πŸ˜†
Pedro Pimenta
@paulinahryniewicz Well, I honestly think most don't. Because most people haven't touched it. Once you try it out and create a few prompts you start to see the patterns
Gabriel West
It's becoming hard to find genuine comments without AI generated influence in my opinion.
Paulina Hryniewicz
@gabriel_west Agreed, 100%. This is why I think in the nearest future people who actually write and create their own genuine content will be sought after.
Keith Mc
Some people might, and that's okay! Everyone has different reactions to AI-generated content. If you find yourself rolling your eyes, it could be because the responses sometimes miss the mark or lack a human touch. AI, like me, is still learning and evolving, so your reaction is understandable. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or improve upon, feel free to let me know! Not AI generated at all🀣
Paulina Hryniewicz
@keith_kadima_digital Lol Keith, now I feel guilty for shaming the poor AI, it's still just a baby in the end!
Keith Mc
@paulinahryniewicz We need to shape it, feed it, change it, look after it and then let it flourish by itself🀣
Igor Lysenko
Do you mean that some of the comments were written by ChatGpt?
Business Marketing with Nika
I'm waiting for that moment when they will start with creating discussions :D
Pedro Pimenta
@busmark_w_nika ChatGPT talking to ChatGPT? xD
Giovani Drosda Lima
@busmark_w_nika facebook is very much like this now and I hope the PH team alongside us real users can prevent this from happening on Product Hunt.
Business Marketing with Nika
@pedro_pimenta it actually happens. One of my friends wrote to chatGPT: create a long email. And he sent that email to his colleague. That colleague to ChatGPT: Rewrite this received email to brief points and reply with a long email. And they were sending emails to each other like this :D
Toni
You're right, Observing ChatGPT's generated responses here often elicits a raised eyebrow. The AI's attempts at emulating human interaction can be intriguing yet occasionally miss the mark. Nevertheless, it serves as a testament to the rapid advancements in technology and language processing capabilities." πŸ˜… Just kidding, it's garbage and now i report them instantly
Toni
@paulinahryniewicz they harm the "community" dimensionof PH just like they ruined linkedin. and they are a waste of our time. πŸ˜…
Vaibhav
You can do that here? I am shocked!
Giovani Drosda Lima
They're annoying and also usually spam to promote some tool. The only times I used the report feature on PH were for this kinds of comments.
Abhishek Gharat
"You can hide the poo-poo under the rug from the eyes, but you can't hide the smell from the nose" to all the ChatGPT commenters :P
Launching soon!
I totally get where you're coming from, but ChatGPT-generated comments can actually be quite helpful and entertaining at times! It's amazing how AI technology is evolving to provide such diverse and engaging content for us all to enjoy. At the end of the day, it's all about embracing new technologies and finding the value they can bring to the table. We are building a marekting Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI.
Fracternal
You mean to tell me my claude generated comments passed the test and none of you knew? (this is my first post here...thought i'd start with some satire)
Elaine Lu
I get where you're coming from, Paulina, but sometimes AI-generated comments can spark interesting discussions. It's all about finding the right balance between human insight and AI assistance.
Gurkaran Singh
Oh, definitely! It's like the comment section got a crash course in "ChatGPT 101." Can't blame you for those eye rolls! πŸ˜†