• Subscribe
  • Does building in public work on LinkedIn?

Olena Bomko
    19 replies
    Building in public is the best way to grow on X. But does this work on LinkedIn? Here's what I think: It can be a part of your strategy (so you can publish launches, results, failures, success stories, customer testimonials, and your learnings). BUT you should combine this with useful/entertaining content/thought leadership content/content about your category and your market. What do you think? If you want to connect on LinkedIn, here's my profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olenabomko/

Replies

Nathan Covey
    @olenabomko "Building in public is the best way to grow on X." Do you have data/experience to back this up?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I must admit that building in public is less popular on LI than on X. I suppose that it is because the part of journey are failures. People do not like to share them (generally), but X is more informal and we are more likely to post it there. LinkedIn has always been more about celebration (celebration of new position, new business achievement and so on).
    Daria Ofitserova
    LinkedIn feels too formal for building in public. Failures are for X, and wins are for LinkedIn 🙂
    Kate Dalessi
    All content has a purpose. And the purpose is to convert (unless you're an influencer, then the content's purpose is to engage). If you're creating content to generate leads, then independently of the framework you're using (whether it's building in public, educational content, entertaining content or whatever) it needs to follow TOFU-MOFU-BOFU structure.
    Kate Dalessi
    @olenabomko Like I said, influencers are the exception here. So your purpose is to drive engagement and more reposts and subscribers. In that case, I'd simply go with data. Identify content that drives the most engagement and new followers and just do that. I know you may want to create content that YOU want to create, like thought leadership or education. But if your business goals are not served by it then don't do it
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    @katedalessi Influencers are not the exception. Everyone can be an influencer now. If you post content on LinkedIn *only to convert*, it will not work on LinkedIn. It is the biggest mistake people make on LinkedIn.
    Gizem Turker 🏯
    I believe in build in public movement and I am sharing regularly insights on LinkedIn and X
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    I don't think so but I am keen to try it with my next language learning app, Kataru.
    Jay Peterson
    Yes, Olena, I think you’re spot on!
    Chandrshekhar Rawan
    I’ve found that LinkedIn is a great platform for building in public. It allows you to reach a professional audience and get feedback on your work. Just be sure to keep your posts relevant and engaging to keep people interested.
    Susan R. Pruitt
    Success depends on how relevant and valuable your updates are to your industry and connections.
    Paul Mbetobong
    On LinkedIn, building in public works best when it’s mixed with other types of content. Updates about your progress and lessons learned can attract attention if paired with professional advice and relevant industry topics.
    Michal Kaczor
    I've been following a few folks on LinkedIn who seem to be decently authentic and they gather a decent following (e.g. yuriy-zaremba). I agree that at the end of the day it's more celebratory - every failure has to end with a win - but it still feels to me like an under-utilised medium.
    Matt Cloud
    Yes.. but you gotta avoid distractions. Your product is your own.
    Lorenz Sell
    I feel like it’s mostly about who you’re connected to. Everyone appreciates authenticity and vulnerability. If you can be real about your successes and failures, people will appreciate what you share.
    Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    I don’t think so. Tried it before but not a lot of reach, memes and using champion type of stories would make the difference