• Subscribe
  • πŸŽ’ Hey, digital nomads! How do you handle work while travelling?

What is your approach to work and projects when you are abroad? 🌍 RN, I am on my travels and handled it a little bit by: – preparing the content in advance – did most of my work before travelling – rescheduled time of my work: early morning + late evening – narrowing down the time of work (so I can see the city) What about you? Tips are welcome. πŸ˜€

Replies

Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    I rely heavily on a solid tech stack: a powerful laptop, cloud services for storage and collaboration, and a VPN for security. Also, setting clear boundaries for work hours helps maintain productivity without missing out on the travel experience.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @tigerl what VPN do you have? :)
    @tigerl Did you publish it publicly somewhere?
    Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    @busmark_w_nika I've tried many of them over the years, but now I use one I built myself :)
    yiting_H
    If I'm traveling, don't expect me to work, no way! I hope the travel is my job one day
    @yiting_h where are you now?
    yiting_H
    @busmark_w_nika China, and I am in my office
    @yiting_h Cool, hope that once I visit the country! :)
    yiting_H
    @busmark_w_nika warmly welcom
    Kelly Kim
    Launching soon!
    Working while traveling isn't easy, but this is how I typically approach it: - I usually schedule myself to wake up early and work during the morning hours. I prefer this method because I'm often too tired to work after returning from sightseeing in the evening. - To prepare for urgent situations, I always carry a relatively lightweight tablet with me.
    @kellypoly The same, after all day (walks, you are exhausted, and not motivated to work, but sometimes it wakes me up to be on laptop) :D
    Muhammad G
    Launching soon!
    Hey Nika! Your strategy is spot-on. I prep content in advance, work early mornings or evenings, and use project management tools to stay organized. Balancing work with exploring new places is critical. I am excited to see what tips others have!
    Wiktoria Slowikowska
    I have no trouble getting into deep focus, no matter where I am. I simply wake up early, get ready, and find the right spot to workβ€”whether it's a cafe, a hotel lobby, or just inside my Airbnb :) If I change locations - I travel on the weekends.
    @wiktoria_slowikowska You probably travel too often, don't you? πŸ˜…
    Wiktoria Slowikowska
    @busmark_w_nika I would say so haha! It can get tiring, but it's so addictive! How about you?
    @wiktoria_slowikowska I am travelling today :D But not so much :D
    Dipak Shiroya
    In my case, I sometimes forget that I am a professional job worker. When I'm traveling, I handle some tasks, but you can't fully enjoy traveling if you're focusing on work. You can only do one thing at a time, and traveling is meant to refresh your mind.
    @dipak_shiroya So I will give it a try and maybe enjoy travel more. :) We will see. :)
    Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    Preparation in advance is very important and also aligning with manager/client beforehand
    @alexdigitalmkt and then you are not stressed about you cannot be late with posting, haha :D
    Cedric Mathias
    If its urgent then I will just login to my device and complete my work or else for me travelling means holiday mode is onπŸ˜‚
    @cedric_mathias Wish to had this mindset too :D and maybe not. :D
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    It surely becomes a bit difficult when you're traveling but I tend to do is prepare in advance. See if I can do things before I am traveling or reduce the workload such that on traveling days, I don't have to do a lot..
    @vaibhavdwivedi Understandable. When you want to enjoy the city, you need to prepare. It is my case too :)
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika Yes, and that helps a lot!
    Moaz Ahmad
    Launching soon!
    Most of my work can be done while travelling and its also such a great way to pass time while travelling, specially in a bus or train.
    @moaz_ahmad1 That was my scenario today :D at the airport :D
    Olia Nemirovski
    Use real-time meeting assistant if connection is poor
    @olia_nemirovski Thanks god, I haven't had this issue so far but good recommendation! :)
    Yesi
    When I travel but there is a lot of work, sometimes I enjoy traveling for a moment when I think about my work, it feels like a lot of work mixed up when I travel, Finally I take my work with me when I travel πŸ˜­πŸ˜…
    I also grabbed a notebook to do some tasks... but slightly :D @yesi_yes
    @busmark_w_nika I do not work when i travel.
    @babar_saleem should I inspire by you? :D
    Zankhana Patel
    I personally believe that balancing work and travel can be quite challenging. So, clearly define boundaries for when you are working and when you are exploring.
    @zankhana_patel1 Trying to do :) RN, dedicating time to community, then work –> and then chill :)
    Amanda Gallop
    Working while traveling isn't easy.
    @theamandagallop I think it can be but you need to have some system and discipline :)
    AuroraW
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    I'll ensure that I complete key tasks before I leave. During the trip, if any urgent issues arise, I'll address them promptly. Otherwise, I'll focus on fully enjoying my time away.
    @auroraw I am almost the same :)
    Dr  Rajabali
    Over the last 20 years, mobility of digital equipment has exponentially improved. After PDA's became the norm 2005 onwards, being available in the office virtually work culture began to take shape. There is a "mild" difference between working whilst travelling and travelling whilst at work or for work. I do more of the latter than the former. Digital culture has changed that and in the 2020's we find more reason to work whilst travelling, or otherwise find yourself completely swamped with emails, tasks and meeting requests when you return from trips. I find these tips have been of help to make things easier to manage. 1. Plan ahead: Before embarking on your journey, create a schedule outlining your working hours and tasks to be completed during your travel. This will help you stay organized and focused on your priorities. 2. Choose the right tools: Utilize productivity apps, project management tools, and communication platforms that allow you to collaborate with your team, access important documents, and manage tasks seamlessly while on the go. 3. Find a comfortable workspace: Look for a quiet and comfortable place to set up your workspace. This could be a coworking space, a local cafΓ© with Wi-Fi, or even your hotel room if it's well-suited for work. 4. Establish a routine: Maintain a consistent daily routine while traveling, similar to the one you follow at home. This includes setting specific working hours, taking breaks, and allocating time for leisure activities. 5. Be flexible: Understand that your work environment may change while traveling, so be prepared to adapt to new situations and make the most of the available resources. 6. Manage your time effectively: Prioritize tasks and set realistic deadlines to ensure you stay on track with your work while enjoying your travel experience. I love using Microsoft's Outlook for most of this. 7. Stay connected: Keep in touch with your team, clients, or supervisors through regular communication. This will help you maintain a strong professional relationship and ensure that any potential issues are addressed promptly. 8. Charge your devices: Always make sure your mobile devices are fully charged before heading out for the day. Carry a power bank or solar charger as a backup to avoid unexpected interruptions in your work. Working in Africa taught me this the hard way.
    @dr_rajabali Thanks for your contribution! πŸ™