• Subscribe
  • Hi Markers, can I launch new features on PH or only entire products?

Sonia Ponzo
    6 replies
    I am still relatively new to Product Hunt. We plan to launch our product in late July or early August. I am fairly confident with our product, but it still has some minor features that I would like to improve, such as the social features. My question is: after we launch the product on PH, can we update our product later on? Would these updates be considered a new launch that requires us to wait another 6 months? Any insights are very much appreciated!

Replies

Ivan Territo
    Ciao Sonia, you would lose the daily or weekly launch purpose. I suggest you to do another launch then with the new features. I used your same approach, but mine was a small project and I wanted to test PH and to check the traction of my product. For bigger project I would wait to be at least a MVP, or almost completed. Or, as I already said, re-launch it, then.
    Sonia Ponzo
    @ivan_territo Ciao Ivan, you've raised a good point, and we'll take that into account. Could you explain more about losing the daily or weekly launch ranks? Is it that our product will not be collected in the rank because of updates?
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    PH is a great place to launch features, but it should be something big. Redesign won't cut it, I believe. Also great way to market a product is to launch smaller free products to generate attention, like Here is an example — https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
    Sonia Ponzo
    @kostyabolsh Thank you, Kostya! That's a good point:)
    My3 Murthy
    you can launch features & upgrades- I have seen others do it pretty successfully!
    Sonia Ponzo
    @my3_murthy Thank you! Will discuss this with the team.