Hidden gems for developers

flo merian
21 replies
Meow Monday ☀️ Product Hunt is full of gems for developers. Some are hidden tho. They weren't featured or didn't rank in the Top 5. Let's shine a spotlight on them. Here are some hidden, awesome dev-first products that I found here: Over to you! What are some awesome dev tools that you found on Product Hunt? If you enjoy this discussion, please do repost it!

Replies

Nimrod Kramer
I know that I'm biased but I'd would also recommend daily.dev which makes it super easy for any developer to stay up to date
flo merian
Launching soon!
@nimrodkramer thanks, Nimrod! daily.dev is an awesome tool for developers indeed. have you checked this discussion: > What were the best developer tool launches you saw on PH? you should add your contribution there, too :)
Rihab Zaidi
Not a developer but keeping an eye on this to share with my team:)
André J
Launching soon!
1up for TextExpander as well
flo merian
Launching soon!
@sentry_co +1 TextExpander! now I use Raycast to create and manage snippets tho. have you checked its Snippet Explorer for inspiration?
André J
Launching soon!
@fmerian Raycast has some useful gems. Once they add more AI integrations I'll start using it. For now the only use case for me personally would be expanding texts, which is covered by TextExpander.
flo merian
Launching soon!
@sentry_co interesting! out of curiosity -- what AI integrations would you like in Raycast?
André J
Launching soon!
@fmerian Prompt -> raycast -> terminal / vnc control. And then higher level agent scripting. Like a store for AI automation. I think their heuristic extension business is going the way of the dodo bird. They could easily take the AI era, but I don't think they will. I think it will be someone else. Rabbit.tech looks interesting if they dropped their focus on hardware and instead went all in on software. The cool thing tho is that this space is wide open to be captured.
André J
Launching soon!
I tried v0 by Vercel. I think it would be more useful if you could use it with references. Point to a specific dribbble and ask it to use that as inspiration.
Bhavik Chavda
Awesome collection flo. Many tools I know are not here. So would share https://www.producthunt.com/prod... It provides a backend over SQL database.
flo merian
Launching soon!
@bhavik_chavda thanks, Bhavik! this list certainly isn't exhaustive and focuses on products for developers not featured or that didn't rank in the Top 5. Directus looks awesome tho! have you checked this discussion: > What were the best developer tool launches you saw on PH? you should add your contribution there, too :)
Yogita Gholap
We have used Vercel's v0, which is quite impressive and a real timesaver. Thank you for shedding light on these non-ranked hidden gems.
flo merian
Launching soon!
@yogita_pg thanks, Yogita! on Vercel's v0, do you share @sentry_co's view? > it would be more useful if you could use it with references, i.e. point to a specific dribbble and ask it to use that as inspiration.
Yogita Gholap
@sentry_co @fmerian Absolutely, @fmerian I appreciate the insight from @sentry_co While using an image from Dribbble as inspiration with Vercel's v0 creates cool design variants, But obtaining the actual code for the inspired design remains a limitation. The tool is excellent for exploration and ideation, yet for precise code replication, we might need additional steps. Thanks for the thoughtful discussion! 👍
flo merian
Launching soon!
> The tool is excellent for exploration and ideation, yet for precise code replication, we might need additional steps. @yogita_pg true! I have the same feeling about AI assistants tbh. great for inspiration, still needs rework. thank *you,* Yogita :)
Roza Zakaryan
@fmerian thank you for useful content