• Subscribe
  • How do you balance between fixing bugs and developing new features?

Alex AI
    6 replies

Replies

Nigel Yong
    to me bugs have priority, features can wait. How about you?
    Dima Tryhubenko
    Both bugs and features are product backlog items, I treat them as such. So depending on a given bug's urgency, severity, complexity, I will assume a priority for it and will compare it against both other bugs and actual new features in the backlog - what is the most value I can deliver now? Is it fixing a specific bug or creating a new feature deferring the bug fix?
    Alex AI
    @dimoire Love how you focus on delivering the most value, bugs and features are part of the same goal!
    Veeresh Devireddy
    It is based on the priority of users, impact and its values. I would first recommend fixing the bugs and retain existing users, than building new features which are yet to create a new traction.
    Prateek
    Launching soon!
    I balance it by prioritizing bugs that impact users the most, while also dedicating set time each week for fixing smaller issues. This helps me stay on track with new features without letting bugs pile up.
    Timothy Bramlett
    As always, it depends on the stage your product is in, but in general you want to prioritize bugs that customers have submitted.