• Subscribe
  • How do you build a strong founding team?

Pooja Jayasri
    21 replies

Replies

Dedew
    Build a strong founding team by combining complementary skills, shared vision, and a "we'll-make-it-happen" mindset. Choose people who challenge you, bring diverse perspectives, and have the grit to ride the startup rollercoaster together.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @dedew16 That mindset is everything. Have you found people who not only complement your skills but also have the grit to handle the startup grind?
    Simonas Kauzonas
    Diverse skills, shared vision, and mutual trust are key for a strong founding team. Find people who complement your weaknesses. Start with friends, then try LinkedIn or YC's co-founder matching platform (https://www.ycombinator.com/cofo...) to find partners - just be ready to offer equity if it's unpaid!
    Xiaoyi Liu
    Launching soon!
    @simonas_kauzonas Cool, heard about YC's co-founder matching platform before, worth giving it a tr. BTW, best of luck with your upcoming product launch.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @simonas_kauzonas Solid advice. Mutual trust and shared vision are important. But while starting with friends can work well, finding the right fit can still be tricky. Have you had luck with linkedIn or the YC platform?
    Rahul Mishra
    Connect right people who shares same vision, want super growth and passionate to achieive big. Are you looking for such people ? I'm looking too. Let's connect if we share same vision.
    From my experience, having a diverse team is key. I think you need someone that can sell and you need someone that can build it. Some people might manage to be good at both, but I think most are better at either of those.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @timobechtel Absolutely! It’s hard to find someone who’s good at both. How about when the roles overlap though, in a 2 person team? For example, when your marketer is also a good frontend developer or your builder has marketing experience, how would you navigate those blurred lines?
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    I think building a strong founding team starts with shared values and a clear vision. It’s essential to bring together diverse skill sets, but what’s even more important is a mutual commitment to the product and the mission. Founders need to be aligned on goals, open to honest feedback, and trust each other completely. Collaboration and passion are what drive the team to overcome challenges and achieve success.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @yusifov Mutual commitment definitely needs to be spoken about more. Without it the whole system becomes inefficient, no matter how skilled the team is.
    Mara Cortes
    A clear understanding of where you want to go in the next year-3 years but being flexible on how you want to get there is key I think. This allows you to have a vision but also to learn from those around you! Once you have your vision, finding people that inspire you, whose strengths compliment your opportunities and who you see a level of humbleness in, will give you the special sauce! Would love to chat some more on how you can find that person/people! www.macohr.com
    Sacha Dumay
    become a great solopreneur ? It is very hard to have great co-founders.
    Pooja Jayasri
    @sacha_dumay Haha, the most underrated comment of them all.
    Naomi Febriska Yuberthina Tahapary
    I love to build strong teams with trust in each other, solidarity and managing time well to stay united
    Pooja Jayasri
    @naomifyt Have you been able to form a team that has consistently stuck through, with complementary skills? If yes, please let me know how.
    Naomi Febriska Yuberthina Tahapary
    @pooja_jayasri Yes, I had a team on campus but that was 5 years ago. We make our assignments very neat and organized, for example in presentation, documentation and orderly administration until we get the best grades in college. I am happy to put the results of the campus into practice to make an impression in every office by supporting progress
    Prince Virani
    tell me If you find the answer
    Pooja Jayasri
    @prince36 From the comments, here are a few: - try LinkedIn or YC's co-founder matching platform (https://www.ycombinator.com/cofo...) . - Look for complementary skills, trust and shared vision. - A good mindset - grit, commitment and passion. I'll add more points to this in the near future.
    Dila
    I think by defining clear roles with complementary skills, ensuring shared vision and values, encouraging a shared responsibility for success, and prioritizing adaptability and resilience.