• Subscribe
  • How do you think the development of AI impacts the growth of the API economy?

Frey Loong
    7 replies

Replies

Timothy Bramlett
    So overall, I think AI's biggest single impact on the world right now is that it has opened up programming to people that had previously not considered coding. It's very true that the new high level programming language is English. And I think that overall, it's going to result in more API's getting built.
    Simon🍋
    AI is rocket boosting API growth. More smart services = more APIs to connect them all. It's a virtuous cycle.
    AppManager by CompanyDNA AI
    AppManager by CompanyDNA AI
    Great question, I think it will change the pricing models to token based model instead of fixed pricing because of sending/receiving a lot of API calls. What do you think?
    Prince Virani
    I think GPU and their setup cost is too much, on the other hand we need to develop end solution for our AI so most will use api on the first phase or in the testing.
    David Michael Johnson
    API pricing will definitely need to evolve with the rapid growth of AI. Token-based models make sense to account for the high volume of API calls AI systems make. I could see pricing shifting to a hybrid model with a base subscription fee plus usage-based token pricing above certain thresholds. AI is going to drive a ton of API innovation and growth, but pricing models need to keep up!
    Amanda Nicole Harris
    I think AI will definitely have a huge impact on the API economy. Using AI to automatically generate SDKs, docs, code samples etc could make APIs way faster to build and integrate. Also AI recommendation systems could help match devs with the best APIs for their needs. Excited to see how it all evolves!
    Lucas Daniel Wright
    Definitely, AI will revolutionize the API economy! I think we'll see more dynamic and personalized APIs powered by AI models. Pricing will likely shift to usage-based or even outcome-based models. AI could also enable automated API generation, integration, and maintenance. Exciting times ahead for API-first development!