• Subscribe
  • Is AI Overhyped or Underappreciated in Startup Culture?

Dipak Shiroya
    7 replies

Replies

Zachary William King
    AI is still overhyped in the startup world IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm using GPT-4 and other AI tools to help with things like content generation, coding, analysis, etc. They def boost productivity. But at the end of the day, a successful startup is built on a solid team, product-market fit, and strong execution - AI is just a tool to support that, not a magic bullet. Founders gotta stay focused on the fundamentals.
    YanXu
    Artificial intelligence is not as important as the people who use it; after all, entrepreneurship is ultimately about people starting businesses.
    Natalia Demianenko
    I truly believe that we are fortunate to have such technologies, AI greatly simplify and speed up all processes. However, like any technology, it’s important to know how to use it properly
    Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
    AI is a great enabler for startups, because it allows to tackle problems that could not be automated without it. However, we should not be fooled: the final word has the customer - and if we don't solve any of their problems, no AI will help us.
    Nathan Covey
    Probably in the middle. Just right.
    Andres Rosas Sanchez
    Good question, Dipak. In my opinion, the use of AI is an exponential booster of your capacities and intelligence. Entrepreneurs who try to start a business just by doing prompts will fail or only be able to create hype. However, those who have the knowledge to leverage AI as a complement to their background and capabilities can truly expand their vision.
    Udaya Sri
    I don't think there is any perfect answer defined for this. It totally depends on what aspects we are considering while making the decision. When it is said to be the cure for all I think it's a bit overhyped, and sometimes I feel that AI is not really used to it's full potential.