• Subscribe
  • Is counterfeit a big problem in e-commerce ?

kushal bastakoti
    6 replies

Replies

Olivia Jane Mitchell
    Yeah, counterfeits are definitely a huge issue for e-commerce. I've been burned a few times myself buying fake products online without realizing it. Sites need better verification and authentication systems to crack down on counterfeit sellers. Maybe some kind of AI-powered image recognition to identify fakes? I'm curious what others think could help solve this problem.
    Martin Gulp
    Absolutely. It's frustrating to buy something online only to find out it's a fake. Companies need better measures to authenticate products and protect consumers
    Lia thomas
    Not really, counterfeit isn’t a major problem for most e-commerce platforms. Many sites have strong measures in place to verify products and sellers
    Samuel David Foster
    It's definitely a huge issue, especially on major marketplaces. Seen estimates that 20%+ of some product categories are fake. Need way better vetting of sellers and AI-powered detection of counterfeit listings based on images, text, pricing, etc. Also harsher penalties for sellers caught peddling fakes. Ruins trust in e-commerce for everyone.
    Jonathan Michael Blake
    Absolutely, counterfeit products are a huge issue in e-commerce. It erodes consumer trust and hurts legit brands. Sites need better verification and authentication of sellers/products. Maybe some AI tech could help identify fakes based on images, descriptions, pricing patterns, etc? I'd love to see more discussion and solutions around this.
    Timothy Charles Wilson
    Absolutely, counterfeiting has become a huge issue in e-commerce. I've unfortunately received fake products several times when ordering online. Platforms really need to step up authentication measures and consumer protection. AI tech could potentially help - is anyone aware of solutions being developed to identify counterfeit listings and products more effectively?