• Subscribe
  • Is counterfeit a big problem in e-commerce ?

kushal bastakoti
    6 replies

Replies

Timothy Charles Wilson
    Absolutely, counterfeiting has become a huge issue in e-commerce. I've unfortunately received fake products several times when ordering online. Platforms really need to step up authentication measures and consumer protection. AI tech could potentially help - is anyone aware of solutions being developed to identify counterfeit listings and products more effectively?
    Martin Gulp
    Absolutely. It's frustrating to buy something online only to find out it's a fake. Companies need better measures to authenticate products and protect consumers
    Lia thomas
    Not really, counterfeit isn’t a major problem for most e-commerce platforms. Many sites have strong measures in place to verify products and sellers
    Olivia Jane Mitchell
    Yeah, counterfeits are definitely a huge issue for e-commerce. I've been burned a few times myself buying fake products online without realizing it. Sites need better verification and authentication systems to crack down on counterfeit sellers. Maybe some kind of AI-powered image recognition to identify fakes? I'm curious what others think could help solve this problem.
    Samuel David Foster
    It's definitely a huge issue, especially on major marketplaces. Seen estimates that 20%+ of some product categories are fake. Need way better vetting of sellers and AI-powered detection of counterfeit listings based on images, text, pricing, etc. Also harsher penalties for sellers caught peddling fakes. Ruins trust in e-commerce for everyone.
    Jonathan Michael Blake
    Absolutely, counterfeit products are a huge issue in e-commerce. It erodes consumer trust and hurts legit brands. Sites need better verification and authentication of sellers/products. Maybe some AI tech could help identify fakes based on images, descriptions, pricing patterns, etc? I'd love to see more discussion and solutions around this.