• Subscribe
  • Product marketer, nervous wreck and just launched my product. AMA!

Niamh McGlade
    17 replies
    Hey everyone, my product Hurree launched today, https://www.producthunt.com/posts/hurree. I want to take the opportunity to open up the floor to any questions or advice. I've been a product marketer for the past 5+ years and this is my first ever Product Hunt launch. Excited (and stressed) to see how today goes! πŸš€

Replies

AndrΓ© J
    That's a really cool product actually! I wanted something like this for a while now, but as a notion template. Something very modular with many themes and configs. Something that would plug right into google analytics. And preferably have an outlet on apple-tv as well so we could have it on the big screen in our startup. Dashboard as a service. Why as a notion template? Because it's modular and platform agnostic, you can send a link to an investor and they can see your metrics.
    AndrΓ© J
    @niamh_mcglade I think it looks great. Seems to have all the bells and whistles. But IMO a SaaS super feature is portability, modularity. Devs like me dont like to be hocked into only one option. We have learned that dependancy can really get you in terms of time and cost, so we look for lego when we choose our deps. Something that is easily switchable. A great FTUX is often offering something modular so that we begin trusting. So offering something modular like a low fidelity notion graph dash template that isn't the core business, but gets us interested is excellent FTUX. It can be 1/10th of the core business in terms of quality. Doesn't matter. The FTUX is frictionless. A good example is kawings. Frictionless FTUX to begin. Who would know that today it's one of the hottest tech startups around.
    Niamh McGlade
    @sentry_co Yeah, we love Notion too and use it daily! I guess the difference with Hurree is it is designed to be super visual, with different visualisations, 1000s of datapoints, easy integrations and a wide range of pre-built templates. We also offer a snapshot function so you can send your dashboards instantly to investors through a link or email. The presentation idea is great feedback, it's something we have been researching recently!
    Niamh McGlade
    @sentry_co True, that's part of the reason we love Notion too, it has so much functionality and we use it across all areas of our business. We are always expanding the functionality of Hurree, with a lot on the horizon, but dashboard reporting and effortless data visualisation will always be at the heart of what we do. We know there is a want for this kind of solution as most of our customers found us after becoming fed up with overcomplicated bulky solutions. Btw I love this kind of feedback, it helps to keep our team on their toes and thinking outside the box.
    Melissa Hugel
    Do you have a top tip for preparing for your Product hunt launch?
    Niamh McGlade
    @melissa_hugel I think the biggest thing is trying to engage with the community here. Everyone is super supportive and keen to give feedback where they can.
    Ashleigh McCabe
    Good luck with your launch! How far out did you start prepping for your launch?
    Niamh McGlade
    @ashleigh_mccabe1 We took the full month/ 30 days before. This was mainly to make sure we had all the images and collateral ready for our launch page. Because this is our first launch there were a lot of unknowns so didn't want to rush it.
    Philipp Jackson
    Hey Niamh, best wishes with your launch! Upvoted!
    Niamh McGlade
    @ffffilipp Thanks Philipp, going to be a hectic 24 hours πŸ˜…
    Carol Moh
    Wishing you the best of luck! Have upvoted, and congrats on the launch πŸ₯³
    Priya Agarwal
    Hi Niamh! Good luck for your launch!
    Daisy Do
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    Hi Niamh just voted! You made a successful launch! How did you make it XD I am launching next Monday, and I am nervous
    Niamh McGlade
    @daisy_do Good luck, it's an exciting time but can be stressful. I think the thing I've learned so far is to roll with the punches and try to interact as much as possible. I'll make sure to look out for your launch next week.
    Anu
    YourGPT
    YourGPT
    Launching soon!
    just supported, congrats on the launch.
    Niamh McGlade
    @kajal_d4 Thank you, it's great to still be getting support from the community