• Subscribe
  • The most significant technological advancement of the last decade?

I am guessing your answer (AI) πŸ˜€. But besides that, what else do you consider to be a significant tech advancement?

Replies

Robert Smith
    5G networks and Electric Vehicles .
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @smith_ro Do you own any electric vehicle?
    Chethan BM
    It depends on the criteria used its impact on society, the economy, or future potential. However, one could argue that Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are the most significant I think!
    @chethan_bm For me it could be also the Internet itself. A game-changer when it comes to the speed of getting to the information faster.
    @chethan_bm Everything has its pros and cons. There is no single thing in the world that would be perfect because people are imperfect and they will always find something they do not like. :)
    Chethan BM
    @busmark_w_nika Absolutely! The Internet is undeniably one of the most transformative technologies in human history. It has fundamentally changed how we access, share, and create information, connecting billions of people across the globe. Here's why the Internet could also be considered the most significant technological advancement.
    Chethan BM
    @busmark_w_nika While the Internet has indeed been a game-changer in speeding up access to information, it's not without its downsides. The overwhelming flood of information can lead to misinformation spreading just as quickly as facts, making it harder to discern truth from falsehood. The constant connectivity can also result in information overload, where the sheer volume of data becomes overwhelming, leaving us more distracted than informed. In this sense, the speed and accessibility of information that the Internet offers can sometimes do more harm than good, diluting the quality of our knowledge and focus. what do you think?
    Nancy
    The Internet is a racial way to change technological progress.
    Alexander Alkor
    Blockchain, probably? Another quite obvious (and controversial indeed) option, but I think it's really powerful.
    @arthen_factory aaa, some crypto friend :D hodl or trading? :D
    Alexander Alkor
    @busmark_w_nika it depends... but usually hodl, as for me:)) I love tokens which have high value and explore them
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    I consider the development and widespread adoption of blockchain technology to be one of the most significant technological advancements of the last decade. It has revolutionized industries by enhancing security, transparency, and efficiency in transactions and data management.
    @hamza_afzal_butt OKay :D why everybody choose blockchain? :D I have a guess :D
    Dan O'Malley
    @hamza_afzal_butt @busmark_w_nika Because AI told them to! 🀣
    @hamza_afzal_butt @dan_o_malley Yes, that's exactly what came to my mind :D
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika Good question! :) I think a lot of people are drawn to blockchain because it's really shaking things up in a lot of areas. For starters, it's super secure because of how it encrypts data and links transactions together. This makes it really hard for anyone to tamper with the information. Then there's the transparency. Everyone in the network can see the same data, which builds a lot of trust. This is especially important in areas like finance and supply chains where trust is crucial. Blockchain also makes things faster and cheaper by cutting out the middlemen and using smart contracts to automate processes. This is a huge deal for industries like real estate where things can get pretty slow and expensive. It's also decentralized, meaning no single entity has control over everything. This makes the system more resilient and less prone to big failures. And let's not forget about the cool new stuff like cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance (DeFi). These are changing the way we think about money, investments, and even how we run organizations. So, in a nutshell, blockchain offers a lot of benefits that traditional systems struggle with, which is why so many people are excited about it.
    Udaya Sri
    Besides AI, blockchain and crypto have made a big impact. They’ve changed the way we handle transactions and gave us new options for managing money.
    @udaya_sri yes. TBH, I haven't been thinking about this one so much but it is true.
    Yashaswini Ippili
    https://www.producthunt.com/prod... Hey, it'd be great if y'all could check this out and hit the "Notify Me" button! Thanks :)
    Nathan Covey
    High-speed LTE and WiFi. It's allowing us to use all of this other amazing tech πŸ™
    @nathancovey True :D I couldn't live without wi-fi :D Like for real :D
    Katia Yakovleva
    I like this topic - perfect for a glas of 🍷 discussion on the weekend! ;)
    @katia_yakovleva Yes, I try to start the weekend with something lighter. 😊
    murph
    You should've said besides AI and blockchain, lol. Maybe more of a US-centric view for now, but I'm gonna say GLP-1 inhibitors like Ozempic. Not making a judgment good or bad, I just think the impact they will have and already having will have ripple effects throughout the healthcare industry and society.
    @duffdevone πŸ˜‚ You know... they used the first thing to create the answer mentioning the second thing :DDDDD Every new advancement overrules the other things. But I am quite amazed by rockets and spaceships as well
    murph
    @busmark_w_nika hahaha nailed it. Agree though -- pretty remarkable how quickly the space cos have advanced.
    Brian Perez
    Quantum Computing and voice assistant .
    @perez_brian Voice assistant is something I am more likely to use (but do not do that so often) πŸ˜…
    Nick Willstrop
    For me it's advanced robotics .
    @nick_willstrop πŸ‘€ Including AI?
    Tariq Waseem
    In my view AI chatbots are the most significant technological development.